1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. AmenTheSuperstar

Or this one?

[​IMG]

ramotadab likes this.
  2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

trade seems plausible… I think Williams has way less upside than harden and bridges and claxton are the exact type of pieces an up and coming team needs to take the next step. It makes a lot of sense for everyone

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

4 teams: HOU - BOS - NYK - WSH

BOS: Holiday (HOU) + Landale (HOU) + Bullock (HOU) + 2024 HOU SRP
    Celtics reunite the Holiday bros + strengthen their bench + draft capital

NYK: Tyus Jones (WSH) + Tate (HOU)
    Knicks strengthen backcourt for playoff push after trade with Raps.

WSH: Oladipo (HOU) + Boban (HOU) + 2024 NYK FRP (lottery protected)
    Wiz gain cap space + FRP for Tyus. Bye Boban :(

HOU: Gafford (WSH) + Hauser (BOS) + Fornier (NYK) + Kornet (BOS) + Sims (NYK)
    Rox add defense (esp. rebounding + shot blocking via Gafford & Sims) + shooting (Hauser, Fornier) to fight for a playoff spot.

FVV - Amen - ???
    Thrilla - Fornier - Cam
    Dillon - Hauser - Uncle Jeff
    Bari - Tari - Sims
    Alpi - Gafford - Kornet

Would need another vet PG, but team is set-up for strong contention in the future.

Simpler version: HOU - WSH - NYK
    WSH: Landale (HOU) + Oladipo (HOU) + NYK 2024 FRP (lottery protected)
    NYK: Tyus Jones (WSH) + Tate (HOU) + 2024 HOU SRP
    HOU: Gafford (WSH) + Fornier (NYK) + Sims (NYK)

FVV - Amen - Aaron
    Thrilla - Fornier - Bullock
    Dillon - Tari - Cam
    Bari - Uncle Jeff - Sims
    Alpi - Gafford - Boban

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Billups recently commented that Brogdon was in a tough spot there coming off the bench. That sounds like a guy who is going to get traded. Get this sh#t done. I can’t think of a player that’s a better fit for what we need, including his contract. Get it done; we need to be all over this.

BMoney, BaselineFade and Hemingway like this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Absolutely, make it happen. He is the perfect fit and lets Jalen go to the bench with all our high octane youngsters.

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I'm a big fan of trading for Grimes, but I'm not sure what the package would look like.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Can somebody explain this Brogdon push by some of our posters? Unless you think we're going to get him virtually for free, which I doubt since he would be valuable to a number of true contenders, how does he make sense for us at all? Sure, he helps our win total this season, but he also takes away what few minutes Amen & Cam are currently getting. He is 31, he isn't part of our long-term picture. He isn't worth a first-round draft pick to us, nor the equivalent (i.e. sending Jalen over to Portland).

We can do better things with our assets that actually help us more than just this season, even if we're determined to get somebody right now instead of waiting.

ramotadab, jordnnnn and carl_herrera like this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

There is a lot of smoke in them there woods. Rockets are going to make a move. I just hope it’s a good one or two!

9. albuster

albuster Member

What the Rockets need are a reliable three-point shooter and a backup big man. If it takes Jalen, Amen and Cam to get them so be it. I don't understand keeping Jalen, Amen and Cam for more reliable and tested players. The team needs a shooter and Amen can hardly shoot, while Jalen has regressed and may need a new team to develop. Cam is a chucker and there is a long list of chuckers like him in the history of the NBA who were relegated to the bench throughout their careers. That is not saying that they will not improve but it is a big bet just like Jalen. Betting on these players will affect the improvement of the team as a whole. I say get Grimes and a serviceable back up big and let's party.

peleincubus likes this.
  10. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

Cam is not necessarily a chucker he’s trying to a be a go to scorer since no one else besides alpy can score consistently.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m going to give your paragraph a like. I will say I find it absolutely wild and I respectfully disagree. Have a good one!

comrade likes this.
  12. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

No need to make a trade. Perfectly comfortable to let this season play out, get the young guys more experience, see if our pick can fall in the top 4, and use the Brooklyn pick on a backup center.

What we cannot have, however, is Tate getting more minutes than Cam or Amen - we can trade him for a ham sandwich.

comrade, jordnnnn and evo8lover like this.
  13. TimDuncanDonaut

I don't have issues with the Cam chucking if it's working.

When teams put extra focus on the FVV/Sengun pick n roll, and we no longer can spam it, what's wrong with Cam being an outlet if he's making his shots.

When the offense stagnates, give the ball to the chucker who can chuck most successfully.

Whomever is hot that night: Jabari, Dillon, Jeff, or Cam, chuck away.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

This front office is existentially tied to the long-term success of our last 3 draft classes. Most likely, this season has already shown enough progress that they’ll feel secure in having at least another season in charge.

So no, we won’t be trading Jalen, any of our core 6 prospects, FVV or DB, or any of the Brooklyn picks at the deadline. Those will all be saved for a future pursuit of a legitimate star.

We also won’t be displacing any of the core 6 from their rotation roles — the absolute priority is still their development, which is the goal “being competitive this season” serves.

So there are two bench roles we need filled to support their development: wing off ball 3pt shooter (Kispert, Hauser, Shamet, O’Neale etc), to grease the wheels of the offense in certain lineups, and quality backup C to run PnR with Amen and be serviceable if Alp misses time (Gafford, Holmes, Reath, Smith, Bagley etc.)

Tate, Holiday, Bullock, and Green likely won’t be in the rotation post trade deadline.

ramotadab and OremLK like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Plus you can argue JDub is better than Bridges already lol.

I think if we want JDub just trade for him outright. Trade Green, Amen and all the Nets picks I think that would be enough for JDub.

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

It would not be close to enough, they’re not trading him for assets. Would have to be a star (maybe if we included jabari)

17. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

All for grabbing Grimes :) not a big fan of 4waybdeala because they're super hard to pull off but how about this?

Boston get: Jae'sean Tate, GSW 24' 2RP and OKC 25' 2RP via Houston

Knicks get: DeMar DeRozan

Bulls get: Boston 24' FRP, Knicks 24' FRP, Evan Fournier, Delano Banton and Svi Mykhailuk

Rockets get: Luke Kornet, Quentin Grimes

Still leaves the main pieces that could be moved for a bigger trade (young guys, Brooklyn's picks).

18. xaos

xaos Member

Aruba77, Jags and evo8lover like this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Chuckers don't shoot ~50% from the floor and ~40% from three.

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’ve explained it several times. Brogdon has a two year contract that coincides withFVV’s 2 year guarantee. He would be inserted into the starting lineup where he fits with FVV. Green goes to the bench Amen, Cam, and Jalen all play 20 mins a game and FVV gets his minutes reduced to 30. Brogdon probably plays less than 30. Our youngsters play together to build synergy and play at the pace of play that they are comfortable with. By the trade deadline next year I expect FVV to be traded. He has been a great mentor, but he does not play at the pace we need to move forward with our core. I’m getting more and more convinced the rockets are getting a starting guard this year be it Brogdon or someone else. Tip jar bet?

BaselineFade likes this.