1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it’s time to move along from Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCRocket, Jan 10, 2024.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So basically, if KPJ were not KPJ and instead an entirely different player both in terms of playing style and attitude, and became a 3&D model veteran role player, he'd be exactly what the team is missing!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KPJ would have to modify his play, just like everyone else did, sure. His catch and shoot numbers were great - and he would be very good as a backup attacking PG for when FVV sits.

Anyway, I know it won't be a popular opinion, doesn't bother me. I believe he is a very good NBA player - others don't....no worries.

DD

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We just need KPJ to stop coming up in conversation, it causes emotional problems in FAR too many people around here.

4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Oh wow, I'm so surprised that DD's narratives have been mostly building up to his new reintroduction of stanning for that scumbag, who knew?! (I mean, beyond literally everyone, their dog and their grandmother.)

Pistol Pete likes this.
  5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet he brings up KPJ over and over......

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don’t want to win with guys who beat on women. Thank you.

7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Don't be silly, that's irrelevant, we only hate on players who paint their nails! (oh wait, KPJ did that too, nevermind, carry on...)

8. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

When I get diarrhea, I think fondly about the turds I've flushed down the toilet. But I ain't fishing those turds out of the sewer.

Aruba77, NewAge and daywalker02 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao where did you see an insult in I believe you see the Rockets in desperation mode.......hence why I feel you put yourself too deep in their shoes.....

Maybe you should go and look up in the dictionary if Desperation is an insult....but okay if you want to go there.

If it is an insult, it is more directed at what the Rockets did to themselves, no idea why your name is Houston Rockets....

The Rockets have been desperate for talent before Morey got Harden and way before that, it is a normal mode for them.

Hence it is reality based and not some insult which would mean the Rockets have never been desperate, and that is an outright LIE.

#509 daywalker02, Jan 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If I wanted to insult you, then I would have said the truth that your idea is bananas.....it is crazy...

And I really hate that idea.....you posted. Desperation is a kind word ....

But no offense intended the first time.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Make no mistake, I want Murray. But, we're far apart on value regarding both. Amen is ALMOST untouchable right now, as far as I'm concerned. And, if I was going to assign a draft pick for speculative value purposes regarding Jalen, (even though I'd want a good young veteran in return) I'd say he's worth around a # 6-8 pick or so at this point. I wouldn't want to give away more than Jalen and a late first for Murray.

12. MystikArkitect

There's an inherent irony to seeing the folk who thought Jalen > KPj and the folk who thought KPj > Jalen come to the realization that they were both in fact....trash.

utgrad97, cml750, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

As much as I have serious doubts whether Jalen will ever become even a passable starting SG, much less a star, the correct move this year is to stand pat with all the kids this year and let them develop a bit more. As much as it would be great to make the playoffs, we are not a contender this year, so there is no reason to jump the gun.

Easy, jcmoon and Bo6 like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think that is a reasonable take, but I just haven't seen the proof, and will wait on it to get through the system.

She said that didn't happen - I will wait for the final resolution, if it is proven - then I am with ya, if it is disputed by the alleged victim, I am going to believe her as she was the only witness.

I am good with us not bringing him back too - just saying that his particular skillset is really missing on this team.

I am from the school of Saban.

DD

#514 DaDakota, Jan 16, 2024
  15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

@Joe Rocket after many searches I’ve stumbled across a Jalen Green thread.

You wanna talk about Jalen’s off shooting nights? Let’s go.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

touche

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I came to the realization that talking about them was a gigantic waste of time....

Fun thing is some posters are still pulling for one side and trashing the other side.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That was our backcourt of the future, no wonder we had the worst record for 2 years

19. YaosDirtyStache

Who needs Green when you can have a Whitmore who can be Green without weighing 140 pounds soaking wet? IF we have to start a CHUCKER with SUS DEFENSE, Ill take the THICK AND MEATY one.

DaDakota and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some of y'all are ridiculous.. We want what we perceive at the time as being best for the Houston Rockets. Right now, Jalen is the only big investment where there seems to be a serious problem. And, we also need a rebounder/shotblocker. Let's take care of those things. Lock in some profits from that second pick...should have done it at the beginning of the year. It was obvious he wasn't going to work well with us. Personally, i think he needs to go to a team that's just starting a rebuild, where it's more iso centric. He'll put up #'s. There are other teams that believe in this kid. It's like trying to put a square peg in a round hole here.And, it's holding up the maturation, execution, and morale of this team.(also W's) Totally messing with chemistry. It's become an awkward situation.

#520 Plowman, Jan 16, 2024