1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Jalen was padding his stats with the other garbage time players and rookies. Alpie along with the other core players like Fred and Dillon were on the bench because they are actually important and we don’t want to risk injury to them, instead of expendable. It’s a sign of respect.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Why Embiid no talk to Jalen :(

HardenReturns likes this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Don't want to make it an Alpi/Jalen thing because there's so many other instances for that to happen.

But.... does Jalen walk straight to the locker room unhindered by the opposing players? All you see is superstars and stars searching out Sengun for a chat.

Don't recall seeing anyone bother to look for Jalen when the siren sounds.

Real recognise real.

5. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I just completed my voting rituel but as Lakers passed us and we are out of even Play-In berths, it is becoming more difficult for Alp to be elected by coaches/players.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

Alright, it makes better sense when you say that. I'm convinced now.

Jontro likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ime Udoka is feeling the weight of playing 3 20/21-year-olds in the starting lineup, with two rookies playing off the bench.

If we want to compete for the play-in spot, it looks like we need to find another stabilizer. I'd be content to take the lumps, personally. Swapping Tate and scraps for some better shooting and a solid backup 5 would be perfect.

We were 22-60 last year. I will be extremely happy with 40 wins and a bit more noticeable development from our main guys. Baby steps.

10. Lathander

Lathander Member

I have been seeing two major problems with Alpi for a long time:

1. He is afraid of getting injured. This is very clear. He's really scared of this. You can even see it on his podcast with Paul George. For the same reason, some days, he is afraid of taking risky positions or even jumping.
    Actually, this is a justified fear. Many players with a bright future disappeared due to injuries at the beginning of their careers. However, I think he will overcome this fear in time.

2. He cannot play for a long time. His body is not suitable for this. He has grown a lot since last year. He gained new muscles. His shoulders grew larger. He is taller this year. As a result, he got heavier. Moreover, Alpi is still a kid in his developmental age. This developmental age will continue rapidly until the age of 25-26. The problem is that Alpi's heart and lungs also need to support that much new mass. However, this is difficult at this stage. Once his heart and lungs get stronger, Alpi can start seeing 40-minute game averages.

11. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you Dr Phil for your outstanding medical advice in this matter. Should we prescribe psychiatric medication and then take him to operation room to replace his heart and lungs? I propose we replace his eyes and the brain with another body. Would that work for you, genius?

cryout75, clos4life, Gergin and 6 others like this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think to get there we will definitely need to upgrade the bench, but yeah, I would be satisfied with right around .500. I don't really care too much whether we make the play-in, that would just be the icing on top. More about demonstrating good progress this season.

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Alperen would heavily benefit from another big being added to the depth charts. They obviously thought it was going to be Landale but he has been unplayable based on what we've seen.

Trade some future capital for a back-up 5 that can lighten the defensive load and we will see a more energetic Sengun on both sides of the ball.

Old School74 likes this.
  14. Risingred

Risingred Member

1. He's eligible for extension after this year, of course he is afraid of injury. No NBA player wants to be in the situation of Isaiah Thomas.

2. That's true, and he knows. That's why if you watch the current games closely, he tries to get his teammates going in the first half and conserve his energy for the 2nd half. The problem is that we can't knock down wide open shots. Jalen and Jabari are rhythmic shooters, when they are in rhythm, they make difficult shots and ridiculous shots with 6 hands in front of their faces. On the contrary, if they are not in rhythm, they miss shots with nobody five feet around them. It defeats the purpose of having a center creating open shots for others. As a result, Sengun needs to use his energy earlier than he expected. I think his stamina will improve eventually, but we also need to find the right personnel around him. This is not just straight from a Rocket's fan perspective. Many other team podcast have been saying in the post game show that Sengun's assist number should be higher if our team can knock down open shots. Even some Rockets fan here said that they can knock down those shots by themselves, this is how wide open those shots are.

clos4life likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Is this a burner troll account?

16. AmenTheSuperstar

What's the all time record of a thread having the most replies on CF? Sengun is the one to break all the records... lol

cml750 likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

AmenTheSuperstar likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. invocux

invocux Member

People are surpised that Embiid looks a lot taller than Sengun. He's also a lot taller than Jokic. Because Embiid is 7'2'' with shoes.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

tagedieb and HardenReturns like this.
  20. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

The home page changes whenever @Clutch writes a new article, it's as simple as that. He's also said positive things about Sengun (fairly recently), as can be seen in ATW's signature. It's also not his job to promote any particular player- that's on the organization

What I would like to see is more support coming from the organization, whose actual job is to manage the talent that we do have, however, to expect the people who tried to max Oladipo, promote KPJ to head honcho, and basically replace Sengun with Lopez (while getting completely and embarrassing played by Lopez) to actually do something competent from a basketball perspective, is a fool's errand.

The sooner we move on from those who may be great at kissing the owner's ass to those who are great at evaluating and managing basketball talent, the better

tagedieb, CXbby, maypk and 1 other person like this.