1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green Suspended Indefinitely 2023

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Dec 14, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kerr behaves like an idiot.

Sajan, GOATuve and Deckard like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

glad donkey is back. we don't wanna let a mentally sick person out all alone. he could off himself if no one is looking

clutchdabear and JumpMan like this.
  3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

meh.... that slap wasn't worth 12 games anyway. its barely worth being ejected IMO. i realize he's a repeat offender, but i feel the gobert thing was partially justified since rudy did run up and grab klay when he should have grabbed HIS teammate if he was trying to be a peacemaker. he got fined close to 2 million. i think thats a pretty stiff punishment for one smack.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

A green /warrior apologist. Disgusting. Man is a repeated offender, he should get a longer suspension. U pull that sht in public u will get jail time for assault.

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Oh please. You guys are soft as baby ****. You wouldn't do any time for that with a lawyer and your fines wouldn't be anywhere near 2 million. That alone is more than sufficient.

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

every scumbag will have their defenders, no matter how disgusting the person is, that's just life

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thought you would say, donkeys have to work for their food too.....

Jontro likes this.
  8. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

The league and frankly the Warriors would be better off without him at this point. It would not be surprising at all if he had CTE.

B-Bob, Lar and Jontro like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

K go do what green has done and get back to me. Nut shot, chest stomp, chokehold, knock someone unconscious and "slap" a person.
    It's not even soft, man is legit going around assulting folks. Typical golden warriors dck riding. Go to their forum and ride green dck there

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

The NBA reinstated Draymond Green on Saturday from a suspension that lasted 12 games, and sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski that the Golden State Warriors forward is expected to need approximately a week of ramp-up before returning to game action.

Green will return to the Warriors' practice facility Sunday after being away from the team while serving the suspension, sources said.

The NBA announced an indefinite ban for Green on Dec. 13, one day after he struck center Jusuf Nurkic during a game against the Phoenix Suns.

"Green completed steps that demonstrated his commitment to conforming his conduct to standards expected of NBA players," the league said in a statement. "He has engaged in meetings with a counselor and has met jointly on multiple occasions with representatives of the NBA, the Warriors and the National Basketball Players Association, both of which will continue throughout the season."

The group meetings -- which were done over video calls and also included Green's agent, Klutch CEO Rich Paul, Warriors general manager Mike Dunleavy Jr. and team trainer Rick Celebrini, according to Wojnarowski -- were part of what the NBA described as "certain league and team conditions" that Green had to fulfill before his reinstatement.

The league proposed that the path toward reinstatement be centered around counseling after a string of on-court incidents involving Green. A few weeks before hitting Nurkic, Green put Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert in a chokehold.

Golden State agreed with the league's approach.

"The one who choked Rudy, the one who took a wild flail at Jusuf, the one who punched Jordan [Poole] last year -- that's the guy who needs to change," Warriors coach Steve Kerr said the day after Green's suspension was announced. "This is not just about an outburst on the court. It's about his life. It's about someone who I believe in, someone I have known for decades, who I love for his loyalty."

While Green was away, he had little contact with Kerr and most of his teammates.

"Space was important for him and us," Kerr said Thursday. "We're trying to win games, and he's trying to put himself in a position to come back."

Green lost a total of just under $2 million while serving the suspension, saving Golden State nearly $9 million on their projected luxury tax bill, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.

The Warriors have gone 7-5 during Green's 12 games away from the team. Overall, Golden State is 10-10 this season when Green hasn't been available (due to injury or suspension) and is 7-8 in his 15 games played.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ymond-green-rejoin-warriors-sun-reinstatement

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

clos4life, Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

has he learned his lesson

[​IMG]

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the laugh this morning. :D

Jontro and clos4life like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

More likely his opponents have CTE at this point.

intergalactic likes this.
  16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Clearly GSW has no chance of winning without Draymond, Silver will not risk GSW missing the playoffs and the ad revenue they bring in.

ClutchCity3 and JayGoogle like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah so...Is it just me or is it odd for an NBA commissioner to say "I won't let you retire."

Like I'm fine with the "It's a very rash decision, sleep on it some more," etc etc but that "I won't let you retire..." bit is concerning for me. Why should he care? This kind of stuff is why people believe the league wants certain teams to win.

Jontro and clos4life like this.
  18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Exactly. I guarantee he wouldn't care if Daishen Nix wanted to retire.

Jontro and JayGoogle like this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, if the conspiracy is real, that the league won't let GSW and LAL miss the playoffs, then the Rockets won't make the playoffs. Houston, Utah, Phoenix, and one of Sacramento/Dallas/New Orleans will be screwed.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They could let LAL miss it for one year to make it look like they are not in a conspiracy......so it goes...

Easy likes this.