1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooklyn (and our stash of gold) - Sellers at the deadline? What's their next move?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I may agree that Amen should not be part of a package for Bridges, but he's definitely not untouchable. Nobody on this roster is.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

M&M was big on Taylor Hendricks pre draft. Maybe we should try to trade for him?

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I would forego the instant production to have a better idea what we got.
    I want no part of shipping a guy like Cam or Amen off somewhere only to see them become what we wanted for our selves. We have barely seen them.

cml750 and Plowman like this.
  4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Needs to be a thread before you commit, we can't be ****ing with the formula now come on.

MrButtocks and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be honest I rather part with Green .... you have to give up somebody but not to the Nets....to a better package for sure....

Corrosion likes this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

No chance they can have Tari and Cam. Rather give them Green,

cml750 and Corrosion like this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun is basically untouchable man. He's the best 21 year old in the league.. what would you even trade him for.

cml750 likes this.
  8. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

Switch Amen with Jalen Green and it is ideal. Amen is our future point guard and Bridges replaces Green in the starting line up

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More likely everyone stands pat, Jalen Green's birthday is at the trade deadline.....

It is going to be brutal for his ego.....later on in his career.....

He already said he was shocked at trade rumors after his first disastrous year....

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Sengun is basically untouchable at this point, I'd argue. Maybe there's some crazy fantasy basketball/2k kinda scenario like Luka demands a trade or something, but in the real world, the odds are basically nil.

Amen isn't untouchable, but I wouldn't include him in a trade for anything short of a young (under age 25) all-star level player with upside for more. I feel pretty confident Amen is going to be at least a high-impact roleplayer, and coupled with his tremendous upside, that has a ton of value on a rookie deal.

cml750 and RedRedemption like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

FOMO is a MOFO. Im old enough to remember when this place loved Jalen Green the same way they are loving Amen Thompson. You cant keep them all. You cant play them all. You cant develop them all. Amen is having a MEH type season. Nothing close to what Jalen did his rookie year and we're ready to dump one for the other?

Ime Udoka will get tired of babysitting pretty soon.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Good thing we didn't follow this kind of attitude with Jabari or we would have, at a minimum, left a lot of value on the table.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

As @SamFisher pointed out, the Nets picks are more valuable to the Nets than any other team because they can go into full blown tank and rebuild mode. I'd of course listen to asking prices of Mitchell, but the Nets picks together with one of Green, Whitmore, and Thompson will get more from the Nets than to the Cavs. I like Markkanen a lot, but with Sengun and Smith, an all-star big wouldn't fit our needs. We need a back up, not someone who competes for minutes.

Corrosion and SamFisher like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If Luka says "I want to play in Houston" do we really say "well Im not sure I really like AMen Thompson and Alperen Sengun" ... Probably not right? Everyone on this roster has a price including Jabari. Granted my example is grossly extreme it was made with intent because we never know which superstar wants out next. If I had to bet I might look towards Jayson Tatum or some other players Udoka may have a rapport with, but to think we're going to make any substantial moves with Victor Oladipos contract and players that are underwhelming in the public eye is silly. If WIN NOW is really a thing for this team then you cant keep spinning your developmental wheels if game changing players become available and it wont come cheap and some guys we get attached to will play elsewhere and could flourish. Thats life. Scared money dont make money.

15. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I’m out on this trade if it means trading Tari. The rest is negotiable.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'm not ready to give up all of that draft capital right now for Bridges and I'm not even sure Brooklyn would accept that. I like our position and would much rather wait and see what shakes loose. I'd pay much more for a Donovan Mitchell or a Devin Booker type player, should they become available, than for Bridges because I could see those guys being a contender with Sengun whereas I simply don't see it with Bridges. If you see that potential with Bridges I totally respect your opinion.

Easy and jim1961 like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Do you mean "we" meaning the Rockets or "we" meaning the BBS, which had multiple threads this past offseason that were basically "Joel Embiid- DO NOT WANT!!!!" ?

If it's the former, probably not. If it's the latter, "Amen is 100x better than Luka Fatcic" is going to be a common refrain.

subtomic and Verbal Christ like this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Exactly Sam -- EXACTLY! :D:D
    [​IMG]

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't really consider these scenarios, 24yo MVP-contending superstars with multiple years left on their deals being traded, as truly in the realm of possibility. It almost never happens. Even when we got Harden, he was more around the level of whatever Tyrese Maxey was during the offseason (not even the level he's at now). Nobody in this league is ever truly untouchable, when we use that term there's a silent "for practical purposes" appended.

Amen is not at that level, but Sengun is.

Corpusfan and daywalker02 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Someone in his ear would have told him.......Luka, do not go to a Texan rival.....go to a bigger market.....or team up with Giannis.......

SGA and Luka are 24-25...........in this age bracket and their height I think they are unrivalled, better than Tatum at this point.

They have all choices in the NBA.....why would 7-9th seed Houston be their first choice?

OremLK likes this.