1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case to Trade up for Tari Eason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, May 19, 2022.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

waiting for the
    Case to Trade up for WEMBY thread
    [​IMG]

for the culture

BigShasta likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Skimming through this thread after the bump makes for some crazy reading.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe you were on to something.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He said the Thompson twins are bustier than Lisa Ann, and believes Stone should be sodomized for passing on Hendricks.

roslolian likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

But he also made a case to draft Sengun and Eason. The verdict is still out on the Thompson twins.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No, I think he deserved major cred on all of those opinions is what I'm saying.

ElPigto likes this.
  9. Melik

Melik Member

Siri before plastic surgery. Bigger bustier. Ahahahahha.

10. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha that's funny. To clarify...

Taylor Hendricks - I wanted to trade down from #4 to get him. He is a 3/D player with good weak side shot blocking ability that can guard 3-4 positions. Not a guarantee at all, but if he pans out he would be ideal next to Sengun.

Amen Thompson - I definitely didn't want him at #4, but at #10 or lower, I thought he may have been a good gamble. So far, he has impressed me with his athleticism even at the NBA level, his IQ, and his general feel for the game. However, the biggest hole is shooting and this is the hardest to learn/improve on. I think he's worth a gamble later on in the draft, but I still think it was too high to pick him at #4. I do understand why we went this route.

Kris Murray - I'll post more on this later (regarding identical twins), but I wanted him at #20. It's very easy for me to imagine Murray having a 10+ year NBA career being a rotational player or maybe even a starter. Obviously no one thought Cam would last until this pick. I'm glad we picked Cam and think he will be a Corey Maggette type player with a 3 point shot, which is very good, but I highly doubt he would be a star that some on this board think he can be.

Thanks for the kind words! I work in healthcare and unfortunately don't have too much time, but I love advanced stats and watching basketball. Maybe my next career will be basketball related haha.

AroundTheWorld, vince and ThatBoyNick like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you throw enough **** on the wall some things will eventually stick.

I can say every single prospect will break out and if one of them does I'm a genius. It doesn't cost anything for us posters to have hot takes we can have infinite hot takes so don't be too in awe of posters who say stuff here cuz its not our job and we aren't penalized for saying the wrong things.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks to the bump, I just re-watched this video.

How can anyone not absolutely love this guy? Always positive, great teammate, hustles his ass off all the time, comes with the most entertaining and kind NBA player mom ever.

I sincerely hope he retires as a Rocket.

Hakeemtheking, daywalker02 and Easy like this.
  13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

he's like the best bad basketball player ever. is this was moses malone was like?

anyways i'm loving what Tari is bringing. I wish he could displace Tate on the roster and start when Brooks is out... and this comes from a long time Tate defender.

red5rocket likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He speaks very well vs Jalen Green, you get the better speaker with the later pick.

15. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure if this is directed at me, but if it is, I don't think that's fair for me personally. I'm not on here that much and I wouldn't qualify many of my opinions as hot takes. If we're keeping records, I'd say my opinions have been more correct than the average?

Hits
    1) Sengun - no comments needed
    2) Eason - no comments needed
    3) Jabari - I was high on him last year when posters crapped on him; I posted how we needed to give him time; his age, shooting ability, work ethic, length made it easy for him to do well anywhere
    4) Green - I said his floor was Jordan Clarkson/MLE type player, advocated for trading him last year, and most posters thought I was hating. I still think this is the case and posters are finally coming around. His ceiling is Zach Lavine and I wouldn't want to pay him anywhere close to what he will deserve if he reaches that level.
    5) Tate - When posters were touting his defensive abilities, offensive potential, and wanted to keep him in the rotation, I advocated for him to be traded last year. He is a lower end rotation player that can't shoot and severely limits our options on the bench. Eason is better in almost every category and should play above him.

TBH
    1) Amen Thompson - Definitely didn't want him at #4, but thought he may have been a good gamble if he was picked late lottery. He has actually surprised me with his athleticism, high IQ, and general feel for the game, but he lacks the #1 skill of shooting. We'll see how this one pans out. Many posters already think he's a bust (not me). Also, if you did a redraft today, many would not pick him at #4.
    2) Cam Whitmore - Great pick at #20, but I thought he would have been a bad pick at #4. I'm projecting him as a Corey Maggette type 6th man w/ 3 point shooting or a lower end starter, which is still a great pick at #20, but not a star. We really cannot make any projections based on Summer League or G League play.

Misses
    1) Joe Wieskamp - Advocated drafting him in late 1st as I thought he can be a rotational player, but he didn't make it.
    2) Josh Christopher - Thought he was a good late 1st round pick, when most posters thought he was drafted way too high and drafted due to Jalen being his friend. I still think drafting him at 24 was a good gamble, but obviously he didn't pan out

AroundTheWorld and robbie380 like this.