1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix Series] Blue Eye Samurai

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cur.ve, Nov 6, 2023.

1. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Anyone caught this yet? It has some of the most amazing visuals I've seen, and the story is awesome (esp the first 5 episodes). It was one of the few times where I binged the entire thing and may rewatch it again. Also - def nice that the content is mature -- lots of blood/gore and uh.. T&A in the service of the story.

[​IMG]

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I haven’t seen this..thanks for sharing. Also, I won’t rest until we get a series (fictionalized but based on the real person) of the African Samurai, Yasuke!!!

Deckard and Jontro like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

You may now rest.
    Thanks Xerobull!

Jontro, MadMax and Xerobull like this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Oh wow! I had no idea. I’ve listened to nerdy history podcasts and read about that guy. Thanks!

OkayAyeReloaded and Xerobull like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

also if you hacen't watch pluto. I watched it randomly the other day...holyshit one of the best shows ive ever seen

Netflix quietly drops a new anime series that's already being called the streamer’s best manga adaptation yet

[​IMG]
    (Image credit: Netflix)

Netflix has dropped a new manga adaptation with little fanfare, and viewers are already loving it. First announced six years ago, Pluto has finally made its way to the streamer in an eight-part series that’s being hailed as perfect.

Based on the Japanese manga of the same name by Naoki Urasawa, Pluto draws its inspiration from one of Astro Boy’s main villains. This series reimagines their storyline as a murder mystery following Interpol detective Inspector Gesicht as he begins an investigation into the deaths of the world's seven most advanced robots and their human allies.

Digital Spy writing that it sets "a new gold standard for Netflix original anime". Meanwhile, Polygon’s review concludes: "Pluto’s adaptation is a strong contender for one of the best anime of the year, but it’s also just one of the best new shows on Netflix, period."

Jontro, DreamShook and dmoneybangbang like this.
  8. hooroo

hooroo Member

woke astroboy remake without astro as the main character. netflix go woke, go broke.

i agree, pluto is the best original anime netflix has produced yet.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

LOL.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah his name is Tom Cruise

Jontro and DreamShook like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Saw the first episode… definitely very interesting. Seems like a lot of a great animated shows dropped this fall…

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched the free first episode last night in YouTube and it was outstanding. Some really beautiful animation and great story. The action is very well done. I don’t have Netflix but this might convince to at least get a trial subscription.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Watched the first couple episodes. its' good. but man I hate the soulless animation done on the computer. Now this looks better; it almost looks like arcane, so you forget sometimes. But then they hit you with those anime t*tties and it takes me out of the show, lol

leave them computer animated t*tties alone.

Invisible Fan, Jontro, Aware and 2 others like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good Stuff

Rocket River
    Highly recommended

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It was okay. The plot isn't too interesting. A revenge story. Some character background. Characters aren't that lively, either, fairly one dimensional. Same with the animation. I'm not a fan of it. It doesn't look very fluid. Voice acting was one of the show's positives. But I'm not seeing the critical acclaim.

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I thought it was pretty fantastic. Definitely one of the better things I've seen on Netflix this year. Not the best, but worth the watch.

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

That first episode had me completely engaged throughout. Beautiful animation, gripping fight scenes, characters with depth, the show has it all. Netflix animation is top notch stuff. It's a shame they would seemingly rather invest more into live-action crap.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think there is a new Shogun series starting in February on Hulu. Probably my favorite easy to read book of all time. Clavell rocked. The old tv series was pretty damn good too. Can’t wait. I absorb everything from that era in Japan.

No Worries likes this.
  19. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Looks like Season 2 got approved

20. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yeah, I've said in the Anime thread I was looking for something decent but was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. People were demanding a season two so glad the news dropped early.