1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It seems like the team is seeing a lot of the scrutiny when it comes to Jalen, the box scores look very bad and a lot of people on social media are destroying him. I think they have asked reporters to ask some questions to give coach an opportunity to talk him up. It seems like they are being very patient with him and trying to make him an all around player. They are definitely aware of how things are looking though, they seem to be looking to protect his confidence. Hopefully he is not on Clutchfans.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Did he?

Nearly as many turnovers as field goals made.

For some reason had more shot attempts than a player on fire.

Forced Ime to call a timeout 20 seconds into the second quarter because he flat out refused to exert any effort into stopping a guy driving straight to the basket. (among countless other errors on defense off-ball.. seriously.. just watch how many times his player off-ball manages to get a good metre or two distance from Green because Green doesn't know what to do or where to go)

Was 3-11 I think in the first half when defense was at it's highest in the game. Once again padded point stats when it was a blowout. Seemingly his only go-to move at this point.

clutchdabear and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  3. roxon

roxon Member

He’s bad for the team

clutchdabear, Jontro, Plowman and 2 others like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are probably stuck with him till his contract runs out....

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like if his confidence gets shattered by reading what we're posting on Clutchfans, then he doesn't have much of a future in pro sports. We are literally nobody.

To Jalen, that is. We're all somebody to me <3

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Green: I git a message from a room cleaning rob't .......dat's sumthin

7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

nvm

Jontro likes this.
  8. Houston77

Supporting Member

Jalen: 17 points on 14 shots against the Mavs’ starters with the highest +/- on the team.

Clutchfans: “Terrible performance!”

Cam: 14 points on 12 shots against the end of the Mavs’ bench with the lowest +/- on the team.

Clutchfans: “Incredible performance!”

BigM, Jontro, IvanLCPM and 4 others like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Totally lopsided, one has been starting 3 years in a row averaging 30+ minutes per game and the other guy has been called up from the G League and it's his first real game since the beginning of the season.

Complaining about the situation as if both were on the same playing field.

Jontro and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. Houston77

Supporting Member

You’re right, it isn’t the same playing field. Cam played against scrubs, so there’s not much to evaluate.

BigM and anthony59237 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cam would be out of the door if 17 points is the most he scored in 5-6 games and in his 3rd year.....I can almost guarantee you that.

Or he would be sidelined a lot. Another failure in development.

12. roxon

roxon Member

The whole mavericks team were mediocre. No luka or Kyrie and others and he only made 5/14 shots and turned the ball over 4 times.

The issue people see with green is that he was our highest draft pick and our most experienced young piece. He’s been on the team for 3 years and hasn’t really shown much offensive improvement.

Sengun and Jabari have shown they’ve taken a step forward despite still having flaws.

the rockets as a whole have had a huge step forward from previous years including the young pieces and off-season signings.

The problem with that is that Green is seen as the guy that really has to take the biggest step in order for this team to reach full success. It’s amplified when other guards are already having efficient success. I expect Green to be the go to guy when the game is close in the 4th, right now the guy is either hiding in a corner, on the bench or bricking shots if the ball does end up in his hands.

basically I’m trying to say is we’d be winning a lot more if green wasn’t so ass

Jontro and blue_eyed_devil like this.
  13. MystikArkitect

I'm as dissatisfied with Jalen as anyone but...this isn't true.

anthony59237 and Easy like this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It’s pretty simple. Green needs to be a consistent 38% from 3. His defense is adequate now and can still get better. If he can be a consistent 3 pt shooter it opens up his drive game and also helps spacing for the whole team. If he doesn’t become a good 3 pt shooter, he will never be a plus player. Sullivan needs to be in the lab with him every chance he has and Jalen should be working overtime to make it happen.

jogo and Easy like this.
  15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Those are mutually exclusive in my book.

If he cant make shots, he didnt play well IMO.

Downtown Sniper and Jontro like this.
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

...on 5/14 shooting.

The amount of points he scores doesnt mean anything positive if they are obtained withe a low shooting percentage.

Nothing to complain about? Really?

Downtown Sniper and daywalker02 like this.
  17. Ancient Moabite

Definitely needs to cut down on the careless turnovers and hit open shots

He didn't force Ime to do nothing, Jalen is usually on the bench start of 2nd quarter so he had to remind Jalen of that

You make it seem like the other teams offensively hunt Jalen on defensive side every single possession

he makes Defensive mistakes but not nearly as much and he sticks to his man better now than his first two seasons

How is defense at highest in first half but not second half(adjustment/winning time)?

Every player in every single blowout must be stat padding, so all the Rockets players did just that, especially Amen

Sengun carried first half, and his other core draft mates picked it up in the second half, good team chemistry/win

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Broadcasters point it out all the time when players’ shots aren’t falling but they’re contributing in other ways. Problem is Jalen doesn’t contribute much when he’s not scoring. So I agree it wasn’t a good game for him and his shooting is the primary reason but only because that’s his only skill right now (scoring). In theory though, if you’re setting screens getting guys open, making good passes, and playing good defense, you’re having a good game whether the shot falls or not. Not a great game. But I’d rather see 10 points and a bunch of rebounds, blocks, steals, assists and hustle than 40 points and none of the rest.

jim1961 likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I give him couple nights off because it is Christmas....and we should be in merrier spirits....lol... I do not even want to think about Green.

The holidays coincide with opponents that I am also not really ecstatic about - Pels, Indy, Phoenix. (Average to above average)

Then the Maxey and Embiid game at home. Troel gave Green his Welcome to the league moment.

#820 daywalker02, Dec 23, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2023