1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Max Strus, dude is getting paid.

2. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I don’t think strength is the only problem with Jalen. He seems to have small hands for the guard who specialize on speed. Small hand will result to occasional loose ball during first step, unable to hold on to the ball during layup when challenged by opponents and difficulty of finishing and 1.

3. NewAge

NewAge Member

I agree 100%. I don’t get it why people get heated, and why is there even a "discussion".
    The kid looks, speaks, acts and plays like a teenage girl, that’s just a fact. What’s there to discuss and why it gets heated is beyond me, honestly.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Martin is a deadly catch and shooter from virtually everywhere on the court. The guy was very polished offensively and knew how to move off the ball really well.

I truly doubt Green will ever score like Martin

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Which would be sad, because Martin was soft and had a hard time making an impact when games tightened down at the end or in the playoffs. He was a quarter 1-3 player. Like Lou Williams, Maggette, and so many other empty calorie scorers.

NewAge likes this.
  6. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ben Sullivan is known for being a shooting coach so I'm sure they are working on his form. My hope is that it's a work in progress and it'll get better. It looked pretty good in Milwaukee but then wildly inconsistent in Cleveland.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Umm... I still prefer Sengun/Smith, probably because of my homer lens. But, yeah, Sharpe is looking better than Green and Ivey.

8. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

This site is becoming straight up embarrassing.

9. kubli9

Supporting Member

Yeah, I don't know why anyone feels the need to attack him personally just because he is struggling with basketball. Jalen is far from the only player in the league with tattoos or long hair, I'd say maybe the NBA is not for you if that kinda thing bothers you.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If only this guy...

[​IMG]

looked like this...

[​IMG]

we would have won multiple titles. :D

AroundTheWorld and kubli9 like this.
  11. kubli9

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

Remember James Harden

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. People are funny. Some hate long hair, weird hair, tattoos, etc ..but none of it has anything to do with basketball. Heck, I'd rather see a big ole head of hair, long hair, or braided hair than a big ole bearded face and neck, braided beard or a big ole bugger catcher nose ring. None of it changes how a player plays though.

Old School74 likes this.
  14. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Man! For example, I love Sengun on the court but his fashion choices...definitely not my taste!

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. I've seen some crazy weird fashion being sported by athletes. Remember those spiked silver shoes Deshaun wore on draft day? I also never liked seeing men wearing capris or skinny jeans. It seems so girlish to me, but that's fashion for ya.

16. dmoneybangbang

kubli9 and Easy like this.
  17. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Watching Ja play makes you realize how stupid the Jalen is too skinny to drive in the NBA. It’s not strength why he can’t finish, its will. Ja isn’t scared. Jalen is absolutely shook at the rim. What sucks is that he’s shown that he can contort his body to get a good shot but he’s too focused on the defender and not scoring.

NewAge likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ja's ability to score in the midrange (via floaters) is what allows him to finish at the rim.

I've been saying it for a while, Jalen's toolset is similar to Ja's (but Ja has a much better handle) where Jalen's threat to the defender is that he might blow past you. The problem is you can play off Jalen and just protect the rim because Jalen doesn't have a floater or a midrange to counter this.

If Jalen ever gets that down he's going to instantly become a much more efficient scorer.

19. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

He's had 3 years to get that down, but nope. That's more than enough time for a professional basketball player. Move on.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  20. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

The shiftyness from Ja helps a lot too. He changes directions really well. Jalen’s only move is drive by and try to squeeze one in before the secondary defender comes which is why he gets blocked so much. He doesn’t even utilize the pump fake.

Crashlanded19 and JayGoogle like this.