1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/18/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol Dwight Howard actually dominated with his athleticism for 3-5 years I guess.....

Him and Russell Westbrook were the ones that relied too heavily on the athleticism but also used athleticism to their full advantage.

That had to be more intuitive than IQ but they were not dumb maximizing their physical gifts......otherwise would not even make All Star Games.

#1201 daywalker02, Dec 19, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
    Rocketeer likes this.
  2. cbass

cbass Member

For sure. Like our 3 wins against that scrub Denver Nuggets team

clutchdabear and backwardhead like this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Phoenix doesn't scare me, they haven't been able to get their guys right all season, not sure I see that changing in a couple of weeks.

Minnesota is going to be a tough battle.

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't Ime's finest coaching display going down the stretch.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Hell of a game. Hard to be mad at the effort on the 2nd night of a B2B. Man if only Alpy nails that Dirk shot at the end of regulation! Oh well a good learning experience nonetheless. Rest up for Atlanta!

BigMaloe, OremLK, Amiga and 7 others like this.
  6. VanityHalfBlack

Sarcasm watch your tone boy

7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

just watched the game. I don't understand why we save our challenges? I counted at least 5 different opportunities to challenge, the most egregious is when we went on a 17-2 run to go up by 9 at the end of the 2nd and it looked like Cavs touched the ball out of bounds. We didn't challenge and they immediately hit a 3 to cut the lead to 6.

Literally the next two plays the same exact thing, questionable tip out of bounds and then the Cavs immediately scored which reduced our lead to 4 and we only went into half up by 2. That's anywhere from a 4-12 point swing there towards the Cavs.

I like Udoka but it seems like he might be the worst challenger in the league?

I just looked at the stats myself: Through Dec 12 we've challenged 13 times and only 5 have been successful. 38% success rate on challenges so far. Also 10/13 challenges were used in the 4th Quarter suggesting that we are only saving challenges for the end of game. I think this isn't a great strategy to have considering you are now rewarded for correct challenges this year.

#1207 Bo6, Dec 19, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
    deb4rockets likes this.
  8. dholi_1

dholi_1 Member

scored 130 and Jabari/Jalen had 4 total FGs

Verbal Christ likes this.
  9. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I think you will find they won't play Jalen as a closer for awhile until he can show some consistency.

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

I feel bad for udoka. He came to Houston because he saw huge potential in Jalen and Jabari and now he’s having to bench them in the fourth quarter.

11. Holybats

Holybats Member

Nope he talked to trade JG for Jaylen Brown.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jaylen is gonna get 65Ms in his year 31 season LOL its pretty safe to say that ship has sailed. There have been some rumblings on the interwebs that Jayson Tatum could be a guy who follows Udoka for whatever the rumors are worth.

13. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You would hope that the Rockets could beat an injured Cavs team, but losing these 2 back to back road games was almost expected. I'm still holding out hope for Jalen, I thought he played well in Milwaukee but took a huge step back last night.

14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Hakeem played sg?

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I ended up watching the game late on LP after getting back from shopping and seeing Gary P Nunn (for the 15th time - he’s getting ‘up there’ but still great) & band at the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar here in Austin. Avoided the score and was very frustrated by how it ended in OT. Ouch!

16. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Well to be honest they were missing key players in 3 of the 4 games

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It was a good game. Enjoyed it. Didn't expect the Rockets to win in OT after a b2b and FVV playing 100 minutes in regulation.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Almost every game and he makes a good % of them.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Hard to see Tatum giving up his supermax to come here, but boy would he be an absolutely perfect fit on this roster.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

151-127.

JVG Faints. :eek::D

Castian Crew and Verbal Christ like this.