1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Francis Stuck on Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matador, Aug 27, 2004.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How many have you seen average 20,6,6.;)

2. We're Back

We're Back Member

Thank god he is gone. The man is a moron. Deal with it.

3. myco

myco Contributing Member

How mature. I mean people who give their time, energy, and money to charity....what morons!

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I only saw the first half, but alot of those "confirmed" guys weren't there. Garnett, Stoudamire, Nelson, Davis, Pierce, Randolph, Mobley, McDyess, Maggette, Redd, Brand and Jackson were not there.

Dwight Howard has some impressive offensive moves. Of course, he was the only guy there really playing seriously.

Ndudi Ebi blocked a Darius Miles dunk attempt. On the next trip down the floor, Miles got a break away against Ebi and went up with authority this time. Ebi blocked that dunk too, but got called for a foul (pretty ticky tack in my opinion). Ebi has really long arms and is an incredibly quick leaper. If Ebi improves on the offensive end, he and Garrnett could cause alot of problems on defense.

They had a Reebok logo on each end of the court, about 4 to 5 feet behind the 3pt line. Any shot that you hit from the Rbk logo counted 5 points. So, of course, a good part of the action was guys hoisting up 26 footers.

Nick Van Exel was draining some incredibly long 3 pt shots. Including back to back 3pt bank shots.

Damon Jones couldn't throw it in the ocean. He missed everything that he threw up.

Francis hardly shot the ball in the first half.

The Blue team led the Red Team (Francis' team) 51-38 after the first quarter, so you can pretty much tell the type of game it was.

#64 aelliott, Aug 29, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  5. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

6. Just B

Just B Member

Thank you SF...that was the funniest thing I've read on here in a looong time:D

As for the Francis thing, I don't live in Houston so I don't care as much about his love for the city, but I do appreciate his loyalty (something a lot of NBA players such as Kobe/T-Mac/Shaq don't have nowadays)....and how some people could find something to complain about in that article really disgusts me.

See, there's criticism and then there's HATE. When people would complain about his mistakes during the season that was criticism, but now you people are just hating.

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

if you were to hold a charity game during hurricane season.. would u send it to Florida? :p

8. acizlan

acizlan Member

you r too