1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to trade Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am starting to believe his jumper is too broken to fix. His IQ may improve with experience but his form and handle may not.

astros123 likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean…I’m sorry, but anybody still making excuses for this dude is willfully blind.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He should come off the bench for the next 7 games. Holiday needs to be the starting 2 guard.

Easy and astros123 like this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Y’all are gonna get so tired of me saying it but it’s true again tonite. He’s a make or miss player. If the shot isn’t falling, he offers nothing else that makes you want to keep playing him.

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

It might be over for bro. Tari got a better jumper. It has to be mental with him cause it’s not his work ethic.

astros123 likes this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jalen the type of player that only succeeds when he's irrationally confident. Unfortunately ime has broken this kid down and his confidence is shattered. he has to repair himself from the ground up.

fattz and DaDakota like this.
  7. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I just don’t want to beat the dead horse so I’m not even gonna bother posting anything negative about Jalen anymore

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Everyone join me!

BENCH! BENCH! BENCH! BENCH! BENCH! BENCH! BENCH! BENCH! BENCH! BENCH! BENCH! BENCH!

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His 29% TS% tonight was special.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It’s not Ime Udoka’s fault that Jalen Green cannot score pass or defend at a league average level lmfao

12. OpportunityCost

Jalen is very lucky someone was willing to waste this much money on him. I would love to hear Rafael's logic on drafting him over Barnes or Mobley.

13. the shark

the shark Member

He's a chucker

14. maw7079

maw7079 Member

I firmly believe Cam Whitmore is the future at that position. He is everything they want Jalen to be. Dude is a killer. Hopefully the Rockets see this sooner rather than later. And not make the mistake of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole for the sake just because he was drafted 2nd. Jalen is not a franchise player. Cam just might be.

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Sengun might have had a bad game but he has proven several times this year he is getting much better. Completely different from Jalen

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

When Silas babied him he didn't shoot any better.

clutchdabear, J Sizzle and fattz like this.
  17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Which is strange because when he came into the league, he'd really hype himself up for matchups against say Cade. I thought he was gonna be a killer when he did that because it appeared he had that dog mentality. But in actuality it was all bark, no bite (at least so far)

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I wanted Mobley, he didn't want to be here. I really wanted Barnes too but at that time Rafael probably saw a better shooter in Green. In a 3 pt league where even 7'ers are even knockin 3's, you gamble on whoever you feel can be the next possible Steph Curry. If Green would honestly focus on just being the best 3pt shooter in the league with his build, I feel like he could be really effective. It would open up so many opportunities and diff aspects of the game for him and everyone else on the team. Focus on finesse rather than power highlight reel. moments.

19. astros123

astros123 Member

What do you think his trade value realistically is? What sort of first rounder could we nab

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green's shooting form is highly unorthodox. He will never achieve consistent results with such poor shooting form. The very predictable outcome is hot then cold over and over again. His shooting form needs a complete overhaul.

charlieaustin, clutchdabear and fattz like this.