1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to trade Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Nov 28, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I disagree with that sentiment, nobody is core yet other than our fine Turkish Dervish....

Green is a temporary stand in core for a real core member who will be identified much later.

Silas made the mistake to treat KPJ and Jalen Green as the Top options, I would not do that again....even if Green just improved to being a decent player.

Get someone like Mathurin, a Maxey type very much later on.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/identifying-the-rockets-core.315077/

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Haven't seen any evidence of course correction, other than Jabari also becoming a favourite.

I hope you realize that my previous post was not my actual opinion.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You wanted Jamal....the Murray guy, I think you have it in Jalen Brunson.....

Okay, but you emphasized more than once that you have seen Green as Jamal Murray.....I am not sure that is even a joke.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

When it comes to Sengun, the latest somfar is still "nope".

7. invocux

invocux Member

Yea i blocked that lunatic. He has energy to go back and forth for days when it's about Green. "He's only 19 years 364 days old look at that list of player who scored 45 pts before they turned 20. Do you see any ordinary players? They all went ont to become superstars" Jalen will be the first ASS one to score 45 pts before 20 then lol

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

The majority of the fans in attendance have a clear understanding of this, but the younger demographic seems to have a different perception of the indispensable composition of our team. In my effort to avoid constructing a simplistic and misleading argument, I observe a significant number, perhaps all, placing some athletes in the "indispensable" column.
    In contrast, Jalen alone embodies the true nucleus of the Rockets, a significant improvement over the team's core from last season. Players such as #28 and Tari have greater value than someone like Jeenathan Williams. They can solidify their positions in the core being built around Jalen. However, they need to prove themselves to be fitting components. The team-building strategy should revolve around this assumption.

The Rockets organization should persist in their pursuit of gathering valuable assets, and I am optimistic that they will showcase the same astuteness in asset management that was evident during Morey's tenure, acknowledging that currently, there is only a singular player considered non-negotiable.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

So, not interested in trading Jalen without giving him a fair shake with Ime. That said, teams like Chicago, Detroit, hornets, Raptors, Hawks, and maybe even the Grizz, need to make some serious moves, and there’s gonna be opportunities to better the rockets. If Jalen can’t put it together, he’ll likely still be a valuable trade chip. Yes, we need to be patient, but we also need to be ready to capitalize on the right opportunity.

Jags, Y2JT, Slim and 1 other person like this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Rockets would have a better record if they had Buddy Hield instead of Jalen Green

11. ikedog34

ikedog34 Member

My concern is that Jalen has that Harden syndrome where when things go bad it snowballs out of control. That's a mentality thing. I know he's young but he might be destined for 6th man where there isn't as much pressure on him.

clos4life, Richie_Rich, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jalen isn’t providing much scoring punch himself in some of these games.

We’ve only played 17 games and he’s scored 12 or fewer points in a third of them. Regardless of what happens with Jalen, the Rockets need better scoring.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

JG is one of those players who can score when we've pretty much blown the other team out, or we've already been blown out. When the game is still anyone's to win, he disappears, wilts under pressure, very similar to Harden as you pointed out. He doesn't have that dawg in him.

14. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Ironically, “mamba mentality” was tossed around a lot during the draft in regards to how tough he was mentally.

It doesn’t seem to be the case.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

The reality is that right now, given how hard Ime is working with Jalen on getting better, and given he's the highest draft pick we made, and everything else, all evidence points that the organization is not close to giving up on him. You can say they should trade him for Bridges or LaMelo (probably not available) or whoever you want, but it doesn't look likely right now. We'll have to hope that's not a mistake.

Corrosion and Ancient Moabite like this.
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Just for hypotheticals, let’s assume Jalen continues to perform unevenly, with the same ball handling and finishing issues, no real advancement in bball IQ, and his shooting takes a dip from where it is now at 36% to 33-34%. I wonder if we could get like an OG or a Bridges for Jalen, the 2024 Brooklyn pick, and sweeteners?

Corrosion likes this.
  17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yeah, That was the only reason I was sort of ok with the Green over Mobley pick... bit not it seems he does not have that mentality. He does have talent. So maybe he can be the second best player on a championship contender. But I have more faith in Smith as our second.

If you are not that good defensively you need to bring something extra on offense. Sengun makes the players around him better. So I can forgive him for not being the best defender. But Green is a pure scorer that has trouble scoring every other game. Plus he does not make his teammates better.

Still I have hope he will develop more. I am nog giving up on him.

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  18. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Mathurin? Let's improve, not stay the same.

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

Considering some of the crazy stuff you've said, just had to put that out there.

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Funny y'all think he's so bad he has to be traded, can't wait to see which all-star you think he's worth though.