1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka not happy with Rockets "physicality" after loss to Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 3, 2023.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

oh shiiii... is sudoku finna leave us now?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Brooks played like a semi scrub as well.....the whole team with exception of a few....played bad

Not worried.

They overachieved by a lot.

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

They have shown us a lot, but achieved nothing.

napalm06 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol well, if you strictly go by hardware, that is too much to as. Straight from a 19-20 Win team....

Just go back to the threads of expectations, there were several who thought they were winning 28-31 games....

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Achievements are tallied at seasons end, not after 17 games.

But sure, they have exceeded pre-season expectations.

Achievements and expectations are two very different things IMO.

ramotadab, Nook and napalm06 like this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nice to feel like the coach has it under control. This is exactly the kind of thing I was expecting to show up early in the season. Standard inconsistency mostly from the young guys.

We're getting there. They all seem willing to learn. There's still a lot of improvement coming from these guys.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My vocab is limited so probably another word for it....

Overachieved in terms of they played better as a unit optically from what we were used to last year.
    (They outdid themselves, they revolutionized the way we were thinking about them....etc.)

But yeah go to a Thesaurus and find another word that is getting close in meaning.

It is not just expectations as one cannot expect something he has not witnessed for 3 years realistically thus the phrase 'Did not know what to expect with this specific group of athletes'.

But a gut feeling that they did much much better than they were supposed to.

Language topics are really too complex to talk about here lmao.

#28 daywalker02, Dec 3, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    wlekfjv923n likes this.
  9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Man where was this when KPJ was consistently sucking? This is the kind of message we need from fans, except for coaches/players that actually deserve it.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You guys are reading this all wrong - "Physicality" is a clear reference to Alperen Sengun's physical dimensionality (6-9ish).

A real cheap shot IMO Ime.

#30 SamFisher, Dec 3, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

12. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I am so glad we hired Ime Udoka. We will be a lot better team than the past few years with Silas. I have not said anything bad about Ime this season. I know we are 8-9 but I already have seen a lot of improvements. We are getting there and we will make playoff. I hope he is a rockets lifetime coach. I loved him.

AroundTheWorld, ramotadab and Shark44 like this.
  13. conquistador#11

Someone should have knocked Reaves on the ground before he went on that run all by himself. My favorite was when Bron takes it to the basket and both Smith and Dillon moved out of the way. Channel your best Nachbar and break his back!!!Ahhhhhhh.
    [​IMG]

Entropy likes this.
  14. ExTexanNowEastCoast

ha ha ok. Why is he shocked about a lack of physicality. Euro players are not physical players! Never have been. Flopping is their key defensive tactic, and they are always looking for fouls. That is why refs ignore them.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Not to mention so many of the road games have been on the west coast--we complain about having to stay up late to watch the games. Well, that's a long-ass flight and then they have to play basketball late at night. I'm sure it takes a toll

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

SMH this is an awful take dude. There are and have been plenty of very physical Euro players like Giannis and Jonas. Also we only got Alpi from across the pond playing big minutes, and Turkey is only even kinda-sorta in Europe, so who are you even talking about?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I wish this was true for Luka Doncic.

Mr.Scary likes this.
  18. Entropy

Entropy Member

Alpi played good defense throughout most of this game in my opinion, changed alot of shots around the rim and made Davis a non-factor offensively when he was guarding him. I think Ime's comment regarding us getting punked was aimed towards our guys who got outplayed by Lebron and Reaves. The Lakers made their run led by Reaves in the 2nd quarter with Alpi out for most of it. Alpi's issue this game was missing tons of gimmes at the rim.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm just wondering who he meant when he said "it's gone to some people's heads".

I dont think he's talking about Sengun fans

ramotadab likes this.
  20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If English is not your first language, then you get a pass :)