1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to trade Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Imagine posting this right before Green goes on a tear. Don’t you ever get tired of embarrassing yourself?

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

This is absolutely not true. Maxey is breaking out now in his 4th season. Shai broke out in his fifth. Jaylen Brown broke out in his fourth season. I could go on and on.

3. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

And a LOSS.

4. invocux

invocux Member

What? Maxey had already started to look like a he was on superstar trajectory in his 3rd season. I advise you not to go on if this is how you are moving lol.

5. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I still can't believe that there are Rockets fans who make a thread like this. I don't know if they are trolls, haters or just idiots.

IvanLCPM, slothy420, Bo6 and 4 others like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Joker and mpj went 30+ pts apiece, u wanted green to play defense on those guys also while having tonight's performance?

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Jalen's new nickname should be "dry hump". One, for what he repeatedly did to Christopher and two because he's all excitement but then can't score.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I.D.I.O.T.S

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  9. invocux

invocux Member

Malone's nickname was the Mailman. Jalen's should be the Nailman.

Rokman likes this.
  10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

He is still fools gold, I'm done being fooled by these 1 off games he has

Entropy and invocux like this.
  11. invocux

invocux Member

His ceiling is higher Clarkson lower than Pacers Oladipo. Closer to Clarkson. He will have enough good games to fool you into believing that he is the next Kobe however his ts% is below 55% his eFG% is lower than Clarkson's 3rd year eFG%.

bluffkin likes this.
  12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Jalen's last 4 games

26/6/9
    12/3/5
    25/5/2
    34/2/4

That's an average of 24/4/5 on 51/37/85 shooting splits.

BaselineFade, Bo6, Amel and 3 others like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yup, probably should be called the Child Man....

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still thinks he is De'Aaron fox with less skills, dry humps and dunks.

But he is not as consistent in distributing it across all Quarters.

15. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

I maintain his ceiling is still Devin Booker 2.0... he just needed coaching, structure, and accountability imperative for his development.... It took two seasons, but he's getting that now and it's gonna pay dividends because there's no other player in the league set to take a bigger leap than Jalen if they can sustain consistency.... I think he's gonna hit his stride by mid season.

16. VoR

VoR Member

I think Jalen made it a specific point tonight that he felt like proving he could do FVV's job. Mighty Mouse got up in his grill yesterday and Jalen did his job today and was like, "See, little bro, not that hard."

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IMO Devin Booker has not even hit his absolute ceiling just yet....so nope. We do not know what Booker can still do.

He just started to hit his prime in these 2 years.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think it’s important to not get drawn into the mistake that many are making of getting too high or too low off of single games.

think that you always want to take the aggregate evidence and speak on that. An accurate Statement reads something like… Green has been an improved passer and defender, but has been largely the same (mostly inefficient) on offense.

and then again after that, you can begin to weigh the merits of him being a 21-year-old versus his impending contract situation and you can seemingly have it go either way logically.

we are and have been invested in him, and there is no reason to kick him to the can right now or even over the next year. Call allocation of our resources to see what happens over the next 12 months wow beginning to assess Whitmore.

Y2JT likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Keep that same energy for a 21 year old.

20. fattz

fattz Member

Green’s motivation is extrinsic; he is a sheep not the shepherd. Most super stars / leaders are intrinsically motivated. He is not wrong to be himself but it’s not max money mentality. This will never change, he can act like he has but it’s not genuine to him. This is why his productivity level goes up and down. Some call this the it factor.

NewAge and BamBam like this.