1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meyers Leonard is available

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Nov 25, 2023.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes too!

ramotadab and RudyTBag like this.
  2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No one really wanted KPJ before it was known that he is a woman beater. This team is so much better without him. Wake up.

slothy420, topfive, clos4life and 5 others like this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The sooner the better.
    I wouldnt be against keeping Landale around as the 3rd center in case he rediscovers his game though.

roslolian and RudyTBag like this.
  4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I don't think you should base a player's value on what he did 3 years ago. Yes, he said a no no word and that probably hastened his fall from the league but other players have done worse things and come back, Meyers at that point was just not good enough to even fight for. Even before that incident his minutes had severely dropped. He was washed then, he was washed when he was given another chance recently, and he's uber washed now. If we're gonna "try out" a player can they at least have been significant within the last 18 months?

ramotadab likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Goated comment lmao.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rockets should take a look at Leonard, the reality is people who "make a mistake once" are great bargain pickups look at Ime. KPJ for example the Rox picked him up on the cheap due to him throwing food at his coach and disregarding that choking case which may or may not be overblown KPJ proved that at the very least he is worth more than a protected 2nd round pick. Ime is the same, if the Rox let his past influence them they might have gone after Monty Williams instead.

We need a backup C Stat if Leonard is in shape I would Def take a look at him, he looks more promising than someone unhinged like Kai Jones imo.

ramotadab and DaDakota like this.
  7. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Now is probably not a good time to bring in a guy best known for using the K word

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

I would rather have Patrick go to Eastern Europe and grab some tall guy from a semi-pro league. 8 billion people on Earth, there must be someone out there better than Myers Leonard or Jacques Landale.

9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Like if someone is acting black, white, etc. That’s what I gather

kubli9 likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Stone should search for the new Jake Tsakalidis!

11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

This point would be valid if he hadn't played since his mistake but he was on the Bucks' roster all last year and was terrible whenever he played.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He does look rather out of shape. His shooting splits are absolutely unbelievable though.

Let's have old Jock and Meyers the Swedish German arm wrestle for the backup spot.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I must have missed this .... what the hell is the K word?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Use urban dictionary on Anti semitic slur ..... I never heard that in the NBA .... We distance ourselves.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

People are too damn sensitive .... Here I thought he was dropping hard R's or something.

Can't imagine how these booger eating morons would have reacted to life in the 70's.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The word is on the same level as the "N" word, as said by a non-black person.

groovemachine and Dobbizzle like this.
  17. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Right. I think the disconnect comes from someone’s upbringing. I grew up in central Arkansas so I never heard the K word until Lil Dicky started using it in his songs. I was in my 20s by then