1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is the Rockets' Franchise Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 10, 2023.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

when i try to type something out like that, i like to double check myself before hand. If i felt exactly like DD did, i would have looked and saw 3 TO's and then would go find them, then realize i was being biased.

Too many times i have typed out a paragraph just to redact it or delete entirely because im human and dont want to contribute ignorance.

Xopher and jim1961 like this.
  2. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

We saw that in B2B games.... Just gotta keep hitting him in transition for lobs and cuts to the rim... That's definitely some easy buckets we've missed each night

Ancient Moabite and clos4life like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Tari's future in Houston depends on how Dillon Brooks turns out. I know Brooks isn't a young player. Supposedly what you see is what you get. But he seems to have reinvented himself so far 14 games into the season. If he continues like this, we will definitely keep him. If he revert back to his chucking form and falls out of the coach's favor, they may want to deal him and promote Tari to the starting lineup.

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If Dillon does revert, his contract is going to make it hard to move him.

Easy and ROXTXIA like this.
  5. plegus

plegus Member

I always thought he were a well known act around the forum. He is like dedicated fan/half a staff member who tries to create discussion and interaction. I still do believe it is an act. His takes are not batsh*t crazy like some others but aggressively controversial, igniting ambitious responses.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In theory it is that way but who knows if Tari's Offense does not develop......Rockets could go with Cam or someone who will be traded here.

Brooks' ability to get his shot off is second only to star level players, it is actually pretty rare....he would overdo things but his abilities are proven.

Tari to me is still closer to a better Luc and Ariza than built like Dillon Brooks.

Things will change, I mean, I am his fan but I am not pretending I know what the future holds, you have to ask my personal psychic but that one does not show up half of the time....speaking of unreliable.

#1106 daywalker02, Nov 25, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
    Easy likes this.
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hes gotten significantly better actually and much more reserved in his posts over the years. Hes just a hyper fan who wants yo talk ball. He used to just post uncontrollably with nonstop volume.

He caught some heat and reeled himself in and has become a much better poster. But he sometimes reverts to old habits of posting what he feels without regard.

I truly enjoy DD. The good and the bad. But i'd like the discussion to be less about DD and more about keeping posters accountablewhich was the original intent of the posts.

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I thinks its Jackson Gatlin's job to implement Sengun questions anyway he can

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

:rolleyes:

Yeah never seen you back pedaling when they've had good stretches the last two years only to go right back to the same ish when they have an off night or two or three.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm going to find other posts of yours for "likes" simply for not writing "revert back," a basic but common error. God bless you, Jim.

Easy likes this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Never underestimate the ability of Jack Daniels to kill common sense.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's nothing to "back pedal", when players are bad and I say they are playing poorly then they play good and I say they are playing well its not "back pedaling" it's just being accurate.

I know that concept is over your head so I don't expect you to understand.

13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Clearly your lack of understanding why that statement is probably comical to many here tells me, it's over your head.

Either way. They ARE playing great, have made huge strides and I look forward to seeing them continue to grow not only this year, but years to come.

anthony59237 likes this.
  14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

They were actually looking for him on fastbreaks. A lob. That cut/feed from Sengun. That's easy money and gets Jalen going, obviously good for the team as well. Feels like a good handful of opportunities have been missed recently so that was great to see. He scored all over the court, that's the Jalen we want. Idk about no stinkin' franchise but a consistent output like that is definitely someone we can feel good about competing for future titles with.

Bo6, BigMaloe, fchowd0311 and 4 others like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Waste of time trying to call booby out. His back pedal of likening green to b the next brewer 2.0 was bc he was being a "concerned Rockets fan".

anthony59237 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

17. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bobby is one of those last guy picked in any sport kinda guy no matter what. Balances being always wrong with being internet strong.

#1117 Pistol Pete, Nov 25, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

In principal at least, I have to disagree .... thing is, you can't pay them all the max and they aren't all worthy of a max.

The $64,000 question is how many if any of these young guys is max worthy.

Sengun I think is very close 25%
    Jabari if he keeps shooting 50/40/90 on volume is going to get paid. 25%
    Tari is more along the lines of a high value role player than a max at least for now. 15% which is Brooks money.
    Tate is about right at the current 5% and unless some team makes him an offer of the full MLE, I think you can keep him for a similar 5-7% going forward.
    Green is the real question and that's going to boil down to consistency and I don't have a concrete answer, RFA looks appealing. Right now, I'd probably match up to 20%.

Amen & Cam are a few years away from being a concern, just have to wait and see on them and maybe one of them allows you to move on from Green.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh Jalen is definitely closer to approving he's more max worthy than Jabari. Box score watching fg% splits is a very lazy examination.

What matters is importance to the team:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2024.html

The Rockets are still a better team when Jabari is on the bench unlike with Jalen. And Jalen unlike Jabari plays a lot with poor offensive units to sustain offense with a creator on the court.

What matters is who is more valuable. Look at what happens to half court defenses when Jalen turns a corner on a screen when the ball. He's just a lot more important for this offense to function at a high level. It's about what defenses think about our players, not fg% splits.

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Nah, that's goving him a free pass.