1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's GW 4-point play last night was upsetting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Nov 18, 2023.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not just because it sealed the game for the Clippers .….

...but it reminded me of how, unlike Jae'Sean Tate last night, Klay Thompson and the Warriors were allowed to set up shop in the landing zone under his ankles for seven whole games, especially Game 7 in 2018 so much so that the league had to rewrite the rule to enforce it.

Their reward is acclaim and praise. Ours is bitter fruit.

Nobody aside from us ever mentions this - certainly not the hordes of screen/pod NBA take artists who have devoted increasingly vast swathes of their precious taking lives to whatever marginal late stage Hardenalia that pervades their theoretically "spicy" yet practically bland offerings.

Makes me want to listen to some somber tracks by America's leading hip hop artist - Guapdad 4000

#1 SamFisher, Nov 18, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    Ghost5Horse6, saleem, Nook and 8 others like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As good as Tate has been, there are tasks that are too much for him.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

James Edward Harden Jr is one of the best to EVER play this game. Some of the members here needed a reminder.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I will actually take my chances with a contested Harden 3 in that situation - I am most afraid of Paul George who seems to own our asses at the end of games

Jontro and Doctor Robert like this.
  5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Man, it is what it is! Its hard to lose like that but we gave them the game!

Just think about it, going down the stretch Jalen turned the ball over twice, missed a wide open 3pt shot, and got blocked at the rim......THATS THE GAME

saleem likes this.
  6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I HATED that it was James AND that shot that beat us… oh well. We were right there, almost had it (probably should have), but games like this are growing experiences for us. When a team is growing and developing these are the types of games you lose in the process. We got be alright from this. Ime will take them through that film and let it hurt a lil more so they “get it”.

HP3 and desihooper like this.
  7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Still glad we didn’t waste any money on him this summer.

saleem, DaDakota, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

There is plenty of "other" reminders of him quitting

I respect 98% of your post too. But we disagree on this

J_Hunter_1977 and roslolian like this.
  9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

It was a great shot by Harden but a huge error was wasting our challenge. It looked like Harden just fell down to bait the refs

kjayp and HardenReturns like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tate basically hip checked him on the jumper…looked like a pretty clear foul to me, and a dumb move by Tate

ElPigto, saleem and WestendMassive like this.
  11. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I thought it was a legit foul, however, I don't feel that way about 50% of the other calls that went against the Rockets.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I haven’t watched a slow mow of last night yet, but when harden shoots he often does a drop kick into his opponents ankles to drawl fouls

He seemingly falls down on like half his 3 point shots, if you hoop you know that’s insane, it’s not a natural movement, and not in the spirit of the game

Great shot and unbelievably talented player but we know he does cheap **** to draw fouls

Jontro and kjayp like this.
  13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

One of the best offensive regual season players ever. You can tell no one takes this tournament seriously bc harden is playing well in it lol

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tate jumped forward and hip checked him on the shot, it is what it is…only KD Warriors aren’t getting called for that

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

be a goldfish

fryjol7 likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

im not gonna dispute what the actual rule is... but i dont like it...
    the ball was long gone before Harden got touched - i guess that doesnt matter nowadays...
    Harden jumped forward to initiate the contact... I understand giving the man room to come down and not undercutting him - but he comes forward as he shoots...
    i guess it is a foul nowadays - but i dont like it...
    how are you supposed to contest a shot when the guy can jump forward into you?
    i've seen it a few times where a defender gets called for the foul - but he's on the inside of the 3 point line - now the shooter for a legit 3 has to come down outside of the line... i dont get how you can kick forward for the foul or land on somebodys foot that is on the line - but your 3 point attempt is legit...

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

That is not a foul. Defender should have the same amount of space as the offender.

18. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Read the L2M report

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, Sam is right, they changed that rule after Brooks career was ruined by Manu, after Bowen slipped his feet under several others, it was a good change....

But it was too late to help us win a chip with Harden.

DD

saleem and StroudAndYorDaddy like this.
  20. Ghost5Horse6

Ghost5Horse6 Member

That game worth Netflix to make a documentary if they could find any sort of efidence that it was fixed. Absolutely disgusting officiating.