1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/12/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2023.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

2. VanityHalfBlack

Fred Fred Fred !

clos4life, Tfor3 and daywalker02 like this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Right now, not much. But he did have a couple good hustle plays around the rim where he got putbacks. Thats a start and hopefully he keeps doing those types of things.

His long range shooting still isnt great, but is better than last year.

Bari was a top three pick and some considered him the best prospect in that draft which had some really good talent... And right now hes getting minutes taken by Jeff Green and others. If he were playing up to expectations he wouldnt have gotten 20 minutes while Jeff got 35.

What do you think he is doing so well that he deserves more minutes in close games?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He will turn it on after AS Break or after In Season tournament break.......his bizarre ritual.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Man I miss goofin and bullshittin in the chats. Gonna be a fun season folks. Always trust in Fred.

Tfor3, juanm34 and Balldon'tlie like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did @jaychi upload yet?

cheke64 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  7. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

I hope yall remeber these good times the inevitable moment some big booty houston scheezer claims Ime smashed and didnt call back.

Ill never let Ime go short of committing murder. And even then we'll need to close evaluate before making any hasty decisions..

BOSTON is kicking themselves right now.

NAIJA STAND UP!

Tfor3 and HP3 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is that Joe Chise.....

Jontro likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was a great deal to move Stevens from coach to GM, that dude gets a lot done.

Come on, there are a few good coaches in the NBA, if the NBA only had 1 Coach, then it would be pointless to even compete.

They have Cassell and Rondo .....

10. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

You aint lying

Tfor3 and Radricky like this.
  11. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

exactly. Jalen was effective because he attacked the rim agressively. Once he learns how to kick out effectively to the open man on the drive and his free throws consistently he'll be very good.

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

Again an very impreesive game from the Rockets! I am very hyped like every one here. If you can beat the best Team of the NBA (World), you can beat every Team! If you play defense like this guys, you can arrive easy the Play Offs and win games and play close games in the Play Offs. Sengün was the most consistent player at this Roaster but FVV start to be also consistent and player like Jeff Green and DB gives a lot things at this Team! I hope that JS and JG be also more consistent. If they are then gg!
    This can be a very big Story guys! They realized what is happening in Houston!

I told after 0:3 that the Rockets will start a big winning Streak! I was right at my prediction!

13. pippsux

pippsux Member

I love how the media is not giving us as much love as they would have if it was another team, but it’s all good.

Just keep winning and these fools will come around

14. JW86

JW86 Member

Some thoughts:
    - Even though Jalen made things happen, I did not like his shot selection and demeanor at times. Especially in the 4th, he forced it. He needs to recognize the shot clock and pick his spots, especially on a night where he's ice cold and the game was on the line. I was very upset with that shot selection and look no further than him if we had lost that game.
    - Jabari should've gotten some burn over Jalen at the end, or even Tate. I don't question Ime's methods but that's one thing I would've liked to see.
    - Brooks is solid, but those silly turnovers need to go.
    - We won despite serious issues on offense, including just standing around. I need these guys to go back to more off-ball movement, though Ime might have instructed them to keep it simple. But still, these guys need to recognize the double teams, when in particular Sengun is trapped or looking for people. Read and react, cut, and make it harder on the opponent to guard us.
    - Sengun is the man!
    - Jeff Green was not just an emergency signing, he's the real deal. Especially with Landale hobbled or whatever, Jeff should be our first man off the bench.
    - Tari & Tate are bringing it
    - FVV is the man
    - Ime should get Coach of the Month easily!

clos4life, cryout75 and Arnel like this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They have to do something about Jabari not boxing out. The first quarter he was nowhere to be found as Gordon and Jokic got second chance points.

16. PeppermintCandy

With this game, Uncle Jeff was playing so well that he definitely deserved those minutes. Plus, as a former Nugget, he was reportedly telling his teammates what plays Denver was running LOL.

Going forward, I think the PF minutes will be split among Smith, Green, and Tate. In the final minutes of tight games, Udoka could go with the veteran Green more often than not, while Smith may be asked to be more effective early on. And Smith will probably get fewer minutes against teams with bigger frontcourts that can bully him.

That's fine, though. Giving Smith 20 and 30 quality minutes and making sure he's developing seems about right for him at this stage.

Imanimal likes this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Jaychi the goat. I think there's a site nba replay or something that's free

Jontro likes this.
  18. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Hilarious!

Tfor3 likes this.
  19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Great post….also saw several plays where someone beat their man and went in for a layup anfd Jabrari stood there with his guy and made zero efforts to help when he could have made life difficult for the layup. Nobody is confusing his help defense with Hakeem Olajuwon’s, but to make no effort to help must infuriate Udoka. That is why he trusts Green at the end of games and is hopefully something they can teach Jabrari in the film sessions.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jabari's minutes so far are a little down from last year. It wasnt just this one game. And that was with Tari missing time.

Tari is back now so there are a few lineups that Ime can put out there with guys that can play the forward spots. Green, Tate, Tari and Brooks have been getting those minutes along with Jabari.

This isnt an indictment on his career, but right now at this moment, hes the weakest starter. For now, thats ok. Someone has to be the weakest. He just needs to keep building and getting better because him and green becoming star players will make this team reach new heights.

Imanimal likes this.