1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/12/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2023.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We got to thank the NBA (hidden) lottery and the San Antonio Spurs, we got ALF.

Arnel likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

I can forgive Stone for signing Jock ScrubDale and Reggie Bollocks since he made so many other good signings.

But Rockets really need a backup center stat. Can't rely on Unc Green playing 25 mins a night.

3. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

if jeff green says so this is a squad

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I watched 2 more games after tonight's win. Warriors and Suns, both team's broadcast crews gave Rockets a shoutout. Something along the lines of "Rockets are going to be tough out this year"

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now watch Dillon go off on the Memphis Grizzlies.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I know I keep beating this drum and I will continue to but I don't think Jabari has been 'bad' on defense even. I think the main issue is he's usually guarding premier guys. I think this is by design because of not only his potential defensively (you want him to get used to guarding these guys) but also that he's one of our best options. I really agree that bigger and stronger guys give him problems but he's shifty enough to really stop and stymie smaller forwards and guards. He just needs to work on his weight and not yoga this next offseason.

I think it's a good thing that Green has bought in but honestly Green's defensive issues were always mental. It's not like Green wasn't laterally quick or athletic enough to be a solid defender.

7. Nook

Nook Member

They blew a lot these teams out. They were winning even if Fox and AD played.
    The Nuggets were without Murray, but the Nuggets played well and hard. The Nuggets didn’t do anything because the Nuggets starters were playing 40 minutes trying to win the game.

The Nuggets just lost to a very hot Rockets team that gave excellent effort.

clos4life, jch1911, joshuaao and 16 others like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont think Jabari is bad on defense he just isn't the defensive savant people expected him to be. As a 20 yr old I think his defense is fine, just not as good as vets like Jeff Green.

clos4life and JayGoogle like this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I hate to be this way but I hope Murray is busted up come playoffs.

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rox weren't even hot they couldn't shoot 3s and were on the low 40s FG. That's what makes them scary imo.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he meant 'hot' in the way that they are the most trending team. They execute the best.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Right, Unc Green played amazing tonight it would have been insane to have him on the bench when his defense was excellent and his shot was falling. That's the kind of decision that could have lost us this game.

That's how I see it, Jabari just isn't amazing but rarely do defensive prospects play amazing defensively their first few years. I think Jabari right now is just all flashes. We've seen him play excellent lock down defense, we've seen him score and have some big games, he just hasn't put it together yet.

That's fine, he's 20.

I mean it's the same for Amen too, it's fine to give Amen minutes when he comes back but obviously playing Holiday and FVV and other guards to close games is going to win you more games.

Thankfully I think both Amen and Bari are mature players from what we've seen and won't pout about it. Not sure about Cam though...

clos4life, joshuaao, DeBeards and 7 others like this.
  13. csc177

csc177 Member

He’s also not the “shooter” people expected either. So what is he?

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

16. Nook

Nook Member

Jabari has overall been fine. I didn’t expect a sudden jump to 20 points a game and stopper level defense. Smith physically is immature and emotionally too. He loses confidence and gets overly defensive when he makes mistakes. He was really hurt by the horrible culture and coaching last year. He will be a good player. I don’t think he will ever be a #1 scorer because he doesn’t have the handle or instincts for that - but he can be a genuine all star/max type player that gets you 20/8 while hitting 3’s and defending. Right now he is in the perfect situation to improve. He has a coach and veterans that will be fair but honest with him and he can work on his game while still starting and getting minutes.

Green is another example. His numbers haven’t jumped like I hoped, but he has started to learn how to win faster than I expected. I thought he would demand his numbers first and then be humbled - when really, he has not complained about his numbers and is being patient. Right now Green is a vastly better player than last year because he is starting to do the things that impact winning. The scoring is going to come to Green, he averaged like 22 pts a game at 20 years old… he will average at least 20 points a game going forward in his career with better efficiency, defense and secondary stats.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is shooting 38% from 3 so I dunno what you are talking about.

clos4life, DeBeards, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dillon Brooks is the best 3pt shooter in the NBA?? Did I hear that right?

19. Nook

Nook Member

Is that you Daddy? You have taught me so much… and I crave to learn so much more.

IBTL and Xerobull like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can be a 7 ft David West...who can be made an AS by a CP3 kind of player.

Udoka's system is not made to have more than 2-3 players scoring at a high clip.

He is more about balanced scoring so I doubt Bari is getting All Star type of numbers very soon.