1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fred VanVleet will be the worst FA acquisition in Rockets history

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Oct 29, 2023.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Reposting my response right after this idiotic post from a bad OP. Once again, I am spot on with my thoughts only to get grilled when posting them. I was the enemy of this board for years due to my consistent incistance that Silas was an awful coach, small ball sucked, and Nix was an awful player. Only Aruba and a couple others had my back on Silas. I hope that you all can finally see the results of a well coached team. Make no mistake….this team would be 1-7 with Silas and on its way to another of his 10+ game losing streaks once we hit the road. Hate being bragocious about being right….but the hatred that was sent my way for being anti-Silas was just ludicrous.

persian hoopa and harold bingo like this.
  3. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

You have lost your mind, he js not shooting well right now but he is the main reason we are winning he is the floor general

deb4rockets and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

So.

Well!!!

LOL!!!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

7. kpdark

kpdark Member

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I listened to this interview last night, Sengun confirms that. Around 3 minutes in he goes on and on about Fred being in his head, pushing and motivating him.

#228 deb4rockets, Nov 11, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
  9. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

i3artow i3aller and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. Soneca

Soneca Member

5.2 ast/to ratio. I confess I didn’t know he was this good at PG. I thought he was a combo guard in a bbal midget body.

11. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care what the box score says from night-to-night FVV is a leader and well worth his contract. The value of our young players seeing (and hearing) how he conducts himself during high pressure situations like the Pelicans game is immeasurable.

After losing a 14pt lead I have no doubt that last year the wheels would have come off and we would have lost in a double digit blow out. Not this team though... credit to Ime, credit to our defense, credit to our young core (Jalen/Alpi) carrying the offensive load, and yes credit to Fred-Friggin-Vanvleet for circling the wagons and keeping this teams focus on winning this game.

Honorable mention to other vets Jeff Green especially. That dude also paid dividends on a night when Jabari was struggling defensively.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think this was right before Sengun tried to steal the ball and take off Zion's arm? lol

13. CRocket82

CRocket82 Member

Maybe I'm overreacting, but this thread has the potential to be one of the worst threads in clutchfans history.

I'm glad Vanvleet is a Rocket.

14. mightybosstone

Love this interview so much. You can tell how much respect Sengun and Jalen have for Fred and Dillon and how much of an impact those two are having on the young guys. I know there were posters who questioned the decision to add FVV over Harden and why they gave Brooks all that money. On the latter, I was one of them. But we're seeing that play itself out right now; these were the right guys for what this roster needed.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

100% right!

16. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Imagine fatty baldy Harden "motivating" the guys and then bricking the shot. Lol

I mean, I know that maybe the price tag is a bit high on FVV... but after the shitty years we have been thought, we needed to pay a premium for the good guys.

Turns out he might be just the right vet for those kids.

mightybosstone and deb4rockets like this.
  17. eman

eman Contributing Member

Really, really pleased with the vet acquisitions. Not surprised by FVV, but Brooks's leading the league in 3pt% and Green's youthful athleticism have been shocking in a great way. It has been so long since I could enjoy Rockets basketball... Let's go streaking!

mightybosstone likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

On the level of "Rudy Gay is about to show the world..."

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

One of the worst predictions in Rockets history more like.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

“Fred is our mind”. Lol. Luv it!

deb4rockets likes this.