1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets deal for Dillon Brooks (4 yrs/$86 million + incentives)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Jul 1, 2023.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Staying pat was guaranteed to not have worked. Trading for WB maybe would have.

Corrosion likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Or maybe he got really insulted with the way Grizzlies treated him and took it upon himself to be a better player. Julius Randall was the same, after Pelicans let him walk he worked hard on his game and became an All star in NYC. Of course now he has become one of the worst players in the league, but hopefully Brooks isn't that kind of player.

Jontro, clutchdabear and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  3. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

I never cared for Randall but hard to label a player the worst after only 8 games when he has a career high in boards and steals, his shot wasn't falling the first several to start.

HD729 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rockets drafted him but traded him to the Grizz, so much for wanting him out of the gates.

eliefor3 likes this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

And for the longest time the anti Morey crowd would rag in him for letting brooks go. Prob most of the same crowd that rags on stone for signing him

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It's kind of crazy how the Griz made Brooks the scapegoat for the poor end to their season and on the other hand seemed complicit in enabling Morant to continue to create distraction after distraction last year. I hope Morant sees the light but that man is giving HARD Steve Francis vibes right now - similarly Francis took to drinking to cope with various stressors of his work and personal life and ended up sliding hard. I see the same thing happening with Morant - dude has a drink in his hand every time he is in trouble...it's just sad.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Memphis did a good job deveoping him actually.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao the second time he was clearly set up by his friend who filmed it and made it public with the supposed toy gun flash......a good friend indeed (hehe)

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is the worst when you consider his salary and how much he is dragging his team down. He is shooting 36% from the field on 17 attempts a night lol all while playing bad defense.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who? Brooks? Grizz didn't want him and told him he wouldn't be back under any circumstances. Leaked his humiliation public too that's why Shaq and Co were joking he on his way to China.

11. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Yeah, 8 games. Boban played 6 minutes and had 7 boards and 6 points. That dude is MVP material if given 48 minutes a game.

Kevooooo and Jontro like this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

This! I was shocked when people assumed he would keep chucking after he secured the bag. “He’s locked in for 4 years, Coach won’t be able to control him”..wut?

BaselineFade and Ancient Moabite like this.
  14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd say there is a chance Brooks is an exception if he keeps playing like has been playing along with Sengun and FVV keeping the offense flowing. I've just seen too many chuckers continue to chuck which is why I was worried on Brooks. Off topic, but I was a little worried that Green would get stuck in chucker mode if the Rockets kept having an offense without a good point guard or without going through Sengun.

Easy and linvetb6 like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Shooting % aside, I had predicted early on this would be a good signing if he could keep his FGA under 10 and so far he is at his rookie lows at ~9.5. It's still early though.

matchesmalone likes this.
  16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I never thought Brooks would take fewer shots here because he was taking a good number of shots in Memphis even when Ja, Bane, and JJJ were healthy. In fact, he blamed his offensive struggles on not being involved enough (ie. not enough shot attempts). If he didn't defer to them, why would he defer to our young players? But he's been selective with his shots and that's great.

Green's been excellent off ball so far. I was confident that he would get better looks this year with better playmakers around him. And at least he's regularly trying to run the PNR with Sengun vs always trying to break down his man. I'm still hoping his playmaking skills can take a leap.

Easy likes this.
  17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I’m not even talking about the guns - I’m talking about drinking and partying with the wrong crowd leading to very bad lapses in judgement. The stuff I read was that Morant has developed a drinking problem of late coinciding with his “incidents” - missing practice, showing up appearing hungover, etc.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is there an apology form somewhere I can fill out

BallSoHarden and FLAGRANT1 like this.
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

I love Brooks. He’s not afraid to crack skulls and bust balls. Literally!!!

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Salvy likes this.