1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone surprised Rox are playoff contention team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VanityHalfBlack, Nov 9, 2023.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Very good obviously. Has to be around an average of 20. Lets just get through December before getting too excited. I do like that we've only looked bad in game 1. It is our first 4 game win streak since we somehow won 7 straight 2 years ago. First time holding an opponent under 100 since 2018-2019 season.

2. VanityHalfBlack

we’ll be aiight. Just let Fred handle the ball and we good

burlesk likes this.
  3. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

[​IMG]

Winning looks good on coach.

burlesk and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  4. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Calm down pal, calm down!
    Enjoy the moment.

5. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

I still expect the team to be a playin team only, mainly due to the established talent on other teams. Anything more than that would be nice surprise.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If we can believe what we see, the Rockets are headed for a championship. Yeah, I said it.

7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm actually not surprised we're this good, and I think we'll be a lot better than this by the end of the season. Green and Sengun are both clearly All-star calibre, Jabari might be also given time. FVV is a solid leader. The main surprise for me was Dillon being such a positive force for the team which I didn't expect coming in and also how quickly we adopted the defense, I thought that would take a little longer. I came into the season expecting Sengun and Green to blow up though, and so far they both seem to be trending heavily in that direction. Good ****in times.

Arnel likes this.
  8. meh

meh Contributing Member

This is such a pointless way of framing things. As @jordnnnn pointed out that in our 17 win season we had a 6-game stretch of winning by 16. And if you switched the OKC game and the Portland game around, we'd have a 4-game stretch of 20+ wins. So clearly, that 17-win season had a group capable of 4 straight wins by over 20 points

9. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

I am hoping Amen Thompson comes back and continues to improve. Really hope he is able to fix his shot form. It is awful… but love everything else he brings. Not high on Cam but would love for him to prove me wrong…

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have us winning no less than 30 games. . . .so 40 is not a stretch to me
    Honestly we might be on the other side of 20 by All Star Break

Rocket River

coachbadlee likes this.
  11. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

It’s too early to make bold predictions. Too many fantastic teams in the west and some are injured.

Literally the only teams I’m can confidently dismiss are Portland and probably Utah. Every other team has a chance at the play in, barring injury.

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We play and shoot very well at home and I believe we will beat the Nuggets. However, I know DEFENSE do travel but we are still a young, immature team they still do not have the mentality and emotional approach to play well in away games. We have improved but ROAD GAMES will haunt us the early part of the year

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That was Green's rookie year where he missed 10 games. It was a mostly vet line up also. Then we started actually tanking when Green came back. Look Green when it came to impacting winning as a 19 year old was bad. A 19 year old with that high usage and minutes that isn't Luka or LeBron is going to tank the team. Combine with first full year KPJ pg experiment that went full steam ahead when Green returned meant tanking full steam ahead. Guys like EG and Wood shut down towards the end of the season also because again, we were tanking.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  14. meh

meh Contributing Member

I was talking about the previous year before Jalen, but let's just look at that winning streak with Jalen Green missing games the following year. The main guys who played big minutes during that stretch were Gordon (vet and good), Matthews (not vet not good), Christian Wood (lol), Armani Brooks (not vet not good), Tate (not vet kinda good), House (not vet somewhat good), and some KPJ here and there. So not quite the veteran laden team you think we had.

Ok I don't want to continue this further. My original statement was just a joke poking at people who were like sky is falling because we overpaid Dillon Brooks, KPJ facepalm, and Stone needs to be fired. To now making threads about "always knew this team could even get to the 2nd round of the playoffs" just after a 4-3 start. I didn't want to do actual analysis of how much a 4-game winning streak means since to me it's not worth investigating due to how utterly small the sample size is. This is the equivalent of saying a NFL team is going to the playoffs because they outscored their opponent 28-7 over 3 quarters of play.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

who's saying we are making the second round of the playoffs?

Didn't I say somewhere now my expectations is that I adjusted my low end from 31 wins to 35 wins and my expectations from 35 wins to 40.

Does that sound like me wasting this team is a second round playoff team?

Stop b****ing for no reason. People are excited watching good basketball for once.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You all shouldn't be so afraid of making bold predictions. Be like me and say stupid s*** all the time.

plegus, Tfor3, Dobbizzle and 2 others like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I wasn't surprised because we have about 7 franchise players.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

listen you guys and gals have seen me whining about the talent under Silas. I remember clutchfans saying the kids were trash and not even coaching could fix it.

I thought the team would need longer to gel and get that Silas stink off of them. I'm def surprised. The Children playing well so quickly makes me hate Silas even more.

the talent was real. the coaching must have been ass.

some of you guys would say the team had egos and wouldn't listen to Silas. That was a LIE. The children were waiting to be coached and did Exactly what silas told them to do and it was TRASH.

Silas-Truthers in the dirt!

#58 DreamShook, Nov 9, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
    BaselineFade and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If only Ime did not his head up his ass, the Rockets would be 5-2.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm actually surprised we haven't won 3 championships in the last week. Weird.