1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is absolutely wild how quiet it is. If Jabari was putting up top-15 in the NBA metrics right now, Twitter would be lighting up… :D Not Alperen though, the guy that was supposed to backup Bruno, or Mo Bamba.

Wasn’t an insider on here saying he was lazy, too? Good grief…

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

trade this bust

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Hence the 2.0... he's got that top 1% athleticism that Book doesn't have... And will have much greater rim pressure as well as a higher FT rate in his prime.

4. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

will be

BETTTERRR

than all of EMMM

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Stop feeding the trolls (@NewAge)

roslolian likes this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Exactly the type of players I was thinking. He doesn't move like a Devin Booker. He moves DIFFERENT. Like a very very small number of players move like that with that speed and grace. T-mac, Kobe...these aren't regular tier scorers, these are all time greats we're talking about. At times he even looks like the second best player in the 84 draft in the air. Now it's clear he's not a liability on defense people need to jump on the bandwagon. Green and Sengun, 2 future all-stars. We have a core ladies and gentlemen. If Bari, Amen, Tari or Cam break out we've drafted a big 3.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

They are the same draft class too it's be cool if Sengun and Jalen become the next Gen Hakeem and Clyde.

O-dawg, plegus and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Iverson is the one I always think about for some reason. Just the speed and ability to elevate, and always being in attack mode when he gets the ball. AI had vastly superior ball skills though.

Dobbizzle and Ancient Moabite like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

AI will be remembered as the best small guy in the next 20 years where they try to find 8 footers playing like guards.

AI sticking it to Kobe and Shaq virtually by himself and Mutombo......that is one of a kind.

Beat McGrady and Vince on his way.

Nobody is getting close.

O-dawg likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah but that's the dream with Jalen right? He won't be as good as AI, that's pretty much a given, but that's who he most reminds me of if we're talking about HoFers right now.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a De Aaron Fox, maybe better, maybe worse, that is about it.

I know he strives to be more like Kyrie than Fox but that is his personal preference.

He told Paul George in that interview during Summer.

#311 daywalker02, Nov 10, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
  12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I see a young Kobe in Jalen. He switches directions, explodes & just moves like Kobe did his first few years. The ONLY thing that separates them is Kobe was a killer, Jalen seems like he doesn't take things too personal. Maybe he'll get that under Ime

Dobbizzle and NewAge like this.
  13. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

The AI comparison is my favorite. I always wondered, "What if AI was like 6'4 man, can you imagine?" AI just moved differently than every other person. If Jalen had that kind of willpower with his talent? Good luck stopping him.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His movements are very similar to Iverson. It's just he's 6'5"ish vs 6'0"ish.

Btw scouts said the same thing about his movement type being similar to AI:
    Scrub to 3:34

OremLK and Bo6 like this.
  15. fchowd0311

AI was a NBA trend setter and was a cultural icon so ya that isn't something Green will not do probably but in terms of statistical production? Green has a chance to be a more efficient scorer. AI was a better pg so he won't get the assists of AI. Also AI might be a better ball hawk in terms of defending passing lanes but I think Green is going to be a better defender in a modern nba switch heavy defense.

16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

The guy that JG reminds me most of is McGrady, just from game aesthetics. Except JG is smaller and faster. But the way they both drive into the lane, square up their opponents, the high elevation on their jump shots, etc. McGrady was a much more gifted and creative passer but perhaps Green will develop as he’s a shown improvement as a decision maker this season. I do see a little AI in him as well.

#316 Rocketeer, Nov 10, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

McGrady is a rare specimen whose career was unique and cut short.

He started out as a defender and dunker, then turned into a 2x Scoring champ, then became a facilitator, then he was most hated by his own organization, and now talking head.

Barely made the HOF.

Grady was also pretty decent with his finances and investments.

Rocketeer likes this.
  18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

If Amen's 6'7 then Jalen is not remotely 6'4, there's almost nothing between them. If Jalen's 6'4 then Amen's 6'5 tops.

19. fchowd0311

Green looked like the exact same height as Reeves and he's listed at 6'5". I'm pretty sure that's probably his correct height. That's what he looks like on the court and ya I made sure to compensate for the fro

20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, your memory's off. Go look at Fox's year 2 and compare it to Jalen's year 2. There's a HUGE difference in scoring, and not in Fox's favour. Fox's top 5 games would be pretty average games for Jalen's second year.