1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is the Rockets' Franchise Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 10, 2023.

1. NewAge

NewAge Member

concur 100%. ANT is bright and funny, Jalen is just weird…
    However, I’ll root for wierdo if they get us Ws. We’ve had wierdos; in their own way, both T-Mac and Harden had unpleasant personalities, but they delivered Ws..

BallSoHarden likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's so odd how different people judge character. Like I learned enough about Ant's character when he drove by a group of gay dudes and recorded himself saying "look at these fags, what has the world come to". Definitely a funny and bright personality o_O

Jalen seems comfortable with himself abd doesn't need to express bigotry to be some alpha.

eliefor3, cbass, harold bingo and 2 others like this.
  3. a time to chill

I don't like the narrative that we're in year 1 of development for Jalen Green because of the 'Silas Era.' Just sounds like copium from the fanbase holding out hope that Jalen Green will emerge into an all-star with Udoka. Look at other players like Cam Thomas and Anthony Edwards who are much more explosive at getting to the rim and can shoot better. The difference is almost night and day. That's not a coaching issue, it's a talent issue.

I think Jalen is most likely to get traded this season since next year's free agent class will be stacked and there will be a lot of player movement. Rockets will definitely be looking to upgrade soon. I don't think the front office is that attached to Green at the moment because the idea of trading him was being floated to coaching candidates.

NewAge and J Sizzle like this.
  4. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Can anybody post the article?

Y2JT likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well said right here.

A bunch of feel-good posts about Jalen "helping the team in other ways" yet still shooting sub-40% from the field and displaying abysmal finishing at the rim for the 3rd year in a row while being one of our most high volume shooters is simply not good enough from the #2 overall pick. It's okay to be honest about that instead of selectively choosing a few good plays here and there to act like he's showing some big level of improvement. Real improvement would be at least showing average-level efficiency offensively.

NewAge and a time to chill like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Removed

#306 J.R., Nov 6, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  7. invocux

invocux Member

Love his defense so far he doesn't wait in the post his hands are always active working his ass off.

8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Bad night for haters, sorry.

Bo6, cbass, jim1961 and 1 other person like this.
  9. invocux

invocux Member

He should transform into a player that when he's not scoring he is contributing to the team. That's why i liked him in the 1st Kings game. He was playmaking, hustling on defense. Today was the same. I don't like that hippie attitude on court he should keep playing like a grown man. I love this. Sengun was also flopping in the 1st quarter and i hated that too. Sabonis is extremely physical posting up he wants to push you all the way to the rim you can't ask refs to save your ass when you are not trying at all. Silas was a ****ing babysitter he spoiled these kids, never held them accountable for anything they did but they are on the right track under Ime.

NewAge and Castian Crew like this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I think people look to find ways to be offended by someone they don't like and want to play the I am offended card. If you really were offended by Ant saying that and later apologizing, then you should be offended by Jalen literally sexually assaulting his teammate and mocking homosexuals on camera as he is laughing. Yes, it is odd how some people judge character. Jalen literally had to pin his teammate down and show him he was the alpha.

11. fchowd0311

Jalen Green and Christopher were 16 you sick ****. You watched that? There was no assault. It was kids goofing around.

And nah man this is 2023 we've moved on from becoming gay people are ruining the world.

cbass likes this.
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Who said anything about watching anything, the story was posted everywhere including here. There were multiple instances brought up, one happened this off season and another when they were younger. So when Jalen physically mocks homosexuals on multiple occasions its goofing around, but when Ant makes a comment hes a bigot? got it lollll

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Sexually assaulting? LOL. TF?

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Naysayers, go find a cave and hibernate a while.

cbass, 34to11 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Back to back games where I thought Jalen showed some growth in his game. Cutting back on the ridiculously impossible shots will help him tremendously. Maybe he's starting to see that. He's played with much greater maturity the last two games.

O-dawg, BaselineFade, Bo6 and 5 others like this.
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

17. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

The issue is people valuing him as a #2 pick. If Sengun was picked #2 and Green #16 then how would that change your assessment? There are many players that become established role players on great teams after being thought of as a #1 option. Cade and Mobley aren't team altering picks either and calling under 15 shots per game volume doesn't equate either.

Green would be an awesome complimentary player (and to be honest the Rockets are full of complimentary players who hustle) and are literally missing a stud to lead the team night in and night out. Cleveland was able to get Mitchell to be that guy, but I still don't think he makes the Cavs ELITE.

NewAge likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

Nothing suggests he is going to be just a role player. Averaging 20 on a winning team at age 21-22 is not the trajectory of a role player. The Rockets have a decent chance of being a winning team this year as in being .500 or above. And Green will probably average 20 at least. How many role players averaged 20+ at Green's age on a team .500 or above?

19. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Role player as in... not the main #1 option. He'd be an awesome #2 option on a team with a clear go-to #1 option on offense. Some may say Sengun is that #1 on this team but even he isn't considered a dominant scoring threat.

Green may very well score 25ppg at some point, but that may not be the best for the team overall. There are few players like Curry and Dame of course but having Green play off of a #1 option like them would be to his benefit.

Some guys need to be the #1 option but I don't see that in Green.

20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

There is zero chance they move on from green unless someone gave then an amazing offer which is not happening.

invocux likes this.