1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Nov 2, 2023.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Picking up many years after 2017's 'War for the Planet of the Apes,' Wes Ball's film hits theaters in May 2024

Set for theatrical release on May 24, 2024, Wes Ball‘s film takes place many years after the end of Matt Reeves’ 2017 feature, War for the Planet of the Apes, which is the most recent movie in the enduring franchise. Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes stars Owen Teague, Freya Allan, Peter Macon, Eka Darville, Kevin Durand, William H. Macy and Dichen Lachman.

After the 2017 film showed Caesar leading his kind to an oasis, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes picks up with numerous ape societies continuing to thrive, while humans have been reduced to a nearly feral existence. As one ape ruler enslaves others amid his quest for human technology, a different ape seeks freedom and hopes to work with a young human woman to achieve that goal.

Ball (the Maze Runner trilogy) directed the film from a script by Josh Friedman, Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver and Patrick Aison. Ball, Jaffa, Silver, Joe Hartwick Jr. and Jason Reed are producers, while Peter Chernin and Jenno Topping serve as executive producers.

The franchise launched in 1968 with the Charlton Heston-led Planet of the Apes, loosely based on the 1963 novel from Pierre Boulle. After four sequels and a pair of television series, the franchise returned in 2001 with a Tim Burton-directed reboot before a relaunch in 2011 with Rupert Wyatt’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which featured Andy Serkis as Caesar.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...e-planet-of-the-apes-trailer-film-1235634998/

#1 GRENDEL, Nov 2, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jontro and Caesar like this.
  3. hooroo

hooroo Member

When are they going to get to the mutant humans in this reboot series?

Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Still waiting for Grape Ape cameo.

B-Bob, ROCKSS and Xerobull like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Andy Serkis' work as an actor for CGI in film is impressive. He takes it very seriously, and it shows in both body movements and facial expressions of the characters he portrays. Then again, he's a good actor. In "Longford" (HBO movie), he was about as chilling as you could get for a real-life jailed serial killer (just less famous than the fictional Hannibal Lector).

I hope the new "Planet of the Apes" is a step forward in the franchise.

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I've really enjoyed the movies so far in this iteration. Should be good!

Xerobull likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ape shall not kill ape

CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul and Kim like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That trailer gave me low budget Netflix movie vibes -- feral models in loincloths running from mean monke bois... Uhhh ok.

rocketsjudoka and Entropy like this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Will there be gay apes in this? A more modern ape movie for a more modern audience....

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, I'm really worried with this is going to be like the Bourne movie series. A perfectly crafted trilogy that wraps up all the main themes in a beautiful fashion, only to have the studios greenlight a 4th movie that doesn't have the same creative team and doesn't really have anything to say or anything unique to offer. Just kind of leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

The trailer above looks pretty awesome, but I'm convinced Matt Reeves was the biggest reason the previous 3 movies were so great (I realize he wasn't there for Rise). Doesn't seem like he is involved in this new one at all. But I'll probably see it because I think the previous 3 movies are one of the most underrated trilogies out there. Just incredible films.

11. KingCheetah

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My god the models have gone feral!

gifford1967 and B-Bob like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Blatz, GRENDEL, ROCKSS and 1 other person like this.
  13. KingCheetah

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Is andy serkis in it? He can play any mocap character so to not do the new trilogy around a new Serkis character is stupid

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It looks intriguing. I hope Andy Serkis is in it. I suppose bringing Charlton Heston back from the dead would be expecting too much.

Caesar and Blake like this.
  16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Is that the awful girl actress from the witcher show? pass

17. KingCheetah

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

need to make the apes trans ghey ble— hmmm nvm. netflix should stay far away.

Salvy likes this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm down for the purple hair apes with pronouns.... Planet of the they them apes

20. KingCheetah

Generation chimpanzee is going to love this movie.

JumpMan likes this.