1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/2023 mock Trade/Draft/Free agency thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 31, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

All the haters crying themselves to sleep after their bizarre fantasy of us not picking up Jalen's option fades like dust in the wind... :p:D

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't want to touch Miles Bridges with a ten foot pole, but if he does return to play for Charlotte soon, I wonder what it would cost to trade for P.J. Washington? They have about a zillion forwards on their roster, he's still fairly young, on an okay contract, and is a decent shooter and decent defender. Would Jeff Green + some type of draft compensation + filler get it done?

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Does that mean they become RFA at the end of the 4th season? Or can an extension still be negotiated before that?

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

They can still negotiate before that (I believe).

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

both

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

contested defensive rebounding %?

#3388 AroundTheWorld, Oct 30, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  9. maypk

maypk Member

Throw in Jabroni there and you're cooking.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Who are all these haters? I can only recall one person making the statement that Fertitta should FireStone & decline Greens option - to which I responded what a bad idea that was.

I did mention several times that the team hadn't picked up the option yet - the deadline is today - 10/31.

Why didn't they do it sooner, if Green is such a big part of the future .... what's the point of waiting until the last minute.

It's kinda like leaving a coach in the final year of his contract .....

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yes, picking up the option gives the team restricted free agent status and the right to match any offer.

Yes, they could negotiate an extension.

Had the team not picked up the option, they lose restricted matching ability and Green would have become an unrestricted free agent.

It was a no brainer that they would pick up the option. I just wonder why they waited for the last second to do it.
    Normally teams will do this at the end of the prior season or early in the offseason.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Danny Green just got waived - does he have anything left in the tank and would he more adequately fill the role Bullock is supposed to be filling?

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

No he sucks now. Korkmaz wants out of Philly. We should go after him.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought the Clips would pick him up after giving up depth for Harden.

15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Why didn't they pick up Sengun's sooner? Maybe you're reading a little too much into it? Unless you also believe Sengun isn't a big part of the future? That's the problem with narratives, they work against you as much as for you.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't think it was meant as an indictment of Green instead of Sengun. Green was said in his post, because that was who was talked about in the post he quoted. I think the same applies to Sengun, Bari, and Tari. Just seemed very Morey-like (i.e., inpersonal) to wait until last minute instead of getting that stuff done before the season.

17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I think it's more that it was just gonna happen, and it literally means nothing other than they picked up the option. People like to create bizarre fantasy narratives in their heads and let their confirmation bias convince them that they're infallible, it's tiring. I just wanna root for Green, Sengun, Bari, Tari, Amen, Fred, Dillon, Cam, Jock (who I actually have warmed a lot to, he doesn't even front, just says "i'm average, but I can do some stuff good so I'll do that" it's refreshing,) Aaron, Jeff, Nate, Nate2, Reggie, Boban and Coach Ime, lament the losses and get way over hyped when we get those successes. I'm pretty much done with the perpetual attacking of our own players, that's not fandom.

Scarface, OremLK and Hemingway like this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’m with you. Ok to be critical, but the hyperbole grates on me sometimes. We are a team of largely 20-22 year old future stars and the impatience of the fans is pretty ridiculous. Sit back and enjoy the progression this year with a good coach and a lot of talented players. Re-builds take time.

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I genuinely feel like people don't even realise that they're ruining their own journey. It's a massive circle of negativity where people care a LOT more about their own opinions (none of which count for anything, we're fans, not scouts, coaches or execs) than actually watching the team. This is the most exciting roster we've had since Beard went on his image-self-assassination-tour and people are spending all of their time attacking the players to prove each other wrong. **** that ****, i'm over it. I'm here for our guys, I'm gonna cheer them in the losses as much as the wins and enjoy the journey as they grow into real pros.

Mathloom and OremLK like this.