1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 10/27/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Junebball

Junebball Member

I have no problem with his defensive effort. He got beat. It happens, it's NBA. I can't forgive him missing freebies and that wide open three.

Stephen_A and Arnel like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do you think this this is the time to talk about Green, fans talk about the team.

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

No it didn't. We were ahead, Jabari **** the bed and we never had the lead in overtime. We did everything we needed to do to win that game in regulation. The Sengun offense generated a wide open game winner. You are just focusing on some bad play in overtime, but it wasn't what lost us the game.

MadMax likes this.
  4. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Say what you want about the game but Jabari bricking both free throws in the 4th cost them the game. The Summer League hype really did a number on us.

DeBeards, Arnel, PeterKingX and 2 others like this.
  5. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

We played good this game but just choked it away. I’ll take it after last game.

6. Arnel

Arnel Member

Jabari cost us the game tonight with the missed free throws and the open three.
    But both Jalen and Jabari have the inability to shoot right now. At least Baris shot looks like it should start dropping at some point lol. It’s mechanically fluid for the most part.

jalens mechanics are all off. Sticks out that elbow and jumps as high as he can and only then releases (sometimes when he starts descending down), it’s basically got that second motion instead of being fluid one motion shot. I hope he gets that fixed

7. conquistador#11

Those 9 points Tari provides plus his outstanding defense is really needed right about now. He'd probably average 13 with the bench unit.

DeBeards and J.R. like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Look man just accept we slammed the same play over and over with the same exact action that led to turnovers.

I'm not even saying Sengun should not be involved every play. I'm saying change the actions up. Maybe to some dho actions at the top outside the ft line. Something different. Get some off ball action with dho plays.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Spurs tried really hard to throw the game away but then came to their senses.

MadMax likes this.
  10. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

We been saying that about Jabari all last year. I won't believe until I see it.

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yes, and I am saying we ran the same play because it was effective. Again, if not for an abysmal free throw shooting performance, we win. Running things repeatedly through Sengun was not the problem tonight, man. All I was saying initially is that the Fred Alpi two man game clearly works.

MadMax likes this.
  12. conquistador#11

"After the game we go to DQ and get the blizzards,yes? You'll make shot next time. Ok."
    Fine, discuss heights lol

Patience, cmoak1982, Tfor3 and 3 others like this.
  13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Clearly generated good shots

14. fchowd0311

[.
    it literally led to multiple changes of possession in a right game through turnovers because the defense predicted the passing lanes from a related set action that was done 8 times in a row.

This isn't a fault of Sengun or FVV. this was Ime spamming the same play. It's his fault and they need to have some variety and odd ball action on offense.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

That was not pain from the loss, that was a broken man who has completely lost all confidence.

Roomba likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are not wrong haha what a bizarre view of things........you could say why did Stone pay top dollar for a midget and a deranged clown....

Both can play basketball though.

17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Alpy had 6 of our 18 TO but he had a really good game. You can take any category and make a case for a good game or bad game sometimes. Jabari hates to lose and if you didn't see the pain in that post game interview, you don't realize the hurt. Hope he doesn't carry that with him long. That's the worst I've ever seen his demeanor following a game.
    But yet, Ime puts him on Wemby. Either Ime is not a smart coach or you are not exactly on target on your description of his defense.

JayGoogle and Dredd like this.
  18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yes man, that did happen a couple of times, and I am not saying it is the only thing we have to run all season. Why are you so focused on the couple of times it didn't work, instead of the several times it led to great offense???.

19. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

You couldn't be more wrong. He hasn't lost his confidence, he'd have no problem taking the game winning shot in the next game or any after that.

HD729 and Arnel like this.
  20. fchowd0311

Because you are so focused at just not admitting we spammed that same exact action too many times.