1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 25, 2023.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Let the best player start. The Rockets need to stop handing the keys over until someone proves to the team they actually earned it. As of right now Jeff Green and FVV are our leaders.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sorry. That was a tongue-in-cheek joke. DD has been advocating trading Green while he still has value. Your last sentence in that post was almost verbatim to his take.

i3artow i3aller and B-Bob like this.
  3. YaosDirtyStache

Jalen needs to put in work on another team,

Sell someone on whatever is left of his potential and get some mid level talent for him. Mid level talent is more than he is right now.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I don't agree with DD often, but I've seen enough.

Hope is great. Optimism is poison. We have enough data, and the dude just does not seem to mind losing.

ArtV, Entropy, Arnel and 5 others like this.
  5. csc177

csc177 Member

Jalen Green is not “him”. No more excuses. He has a competent coach, a true point guard and still can’t figure it all out. I was expecting him to blow us out the water with this year 3 jump (vs Orlando not some veteran battle tested team)

What’s he do? he scores 10 points and goes 2-10, 1 reb, no assists (and 4 turnovers) and still looks lost on defense.

Forget the “it’s only one game” nonsense, he is not someone you build a team around.

if that’s Stone’s plan, he wont be here much longer either.

GotGame15, ArtV, REEKO_HTOWN and 2 others like this.
  6. YaosDirtyStache

I think Clutchfans as a whole, using a voting system, would be a much more competent GM than Stone at this point.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Still needs a midrange game, a stop and pop, a Euro step, a change in direction and speed.

He is just full speed straight line - that is the most disappointing thing to me - I want to see him making that leap, but he needs to change his game a lot.

He was working with Durant this summer on spin moves near the mid post....where is that? He needs diversity in his game...and the sooner the better.

He is almost like a kid right out of high school that doesn't really have any fundamentals to his game.

DD

GotGame15, cheke64 and hlmbasketball like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Holy crap, I didn't even know you watched basketball. :D

9. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

I just want to see the team identify who does what well in the present (not in some nebulous future) and build around that. Tired of hearing about “high ceilings” when Jalen and Jabari’s games are still in the basement.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I have more hope for Jabari than for Jalen at this point.

But the two best young players are Alpi and Tari.

ArtV and robbie380 like this.
  11. NewAge

NewAge Member

I
    Sooo… If he sounds like some of us why is it that we got hate for saying the same things? Shows you how full of sht your comments and flames here were…

12. csc177

csc177 Member

Meanwhile Jalen’s arch nemesis Cade kicked off year 3 with 30 and 9 assists. Detroit got it right.

Silas has a weapon to work with lol.

13. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Projecting much? If anyone's take has been full of anything around here it's yours. It's not even worth the time to pull up some of your BS takes because I've seen them as signatures in others posts.

Not going to assume that English is your primary language so below is one of the definitions of "narrative".
    a representation of a particular situation or process in such a way as to reflect or conform to an overarching set of aims or values.

The things he said he has to prove fit the narrative that he's only a scorer whose points don't lead to wins. Doesn't mean that he believes this only that he's aware of what's being said about him and knows that he has to change the perception (fair or unfair) period.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  14. DaDakota

Well well well, seems my bus is filling up.

His problem is his bball IQ isn’t great.

DD

csc177 and ArtV like this.
  15. NewAge

NewAge Member

Bla-blah-blah
    Kid is aware that he's been playing like a vagina and admits it. It's high time you and the others here see it, too.

16. DaDakota

Hey, man, I thought we were good.

DD

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It's not like he has a bad mid range. He needs to pull up and shoot it. Dude just drives straight into the defense over and over again and throws up prayers.

Crashlanded19 and DaDakota like this.
  18. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One game. Keep this same energy when he and the team look better. What am I saying... forgot who I was talking to. Continue with your antics, you are who I thought you were.

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Ive been saying it for awhile now. Jalen just seems too inconsistent. He's just a shooter, doesnt function well in the half court nor does he have very good handles.

Fans are not going to want to hear this but KPJ carried him and hide his warths.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's one game. He showed some improvement last season. Let's evaluate after 20 or so games.

If he doesn't improve over last season by then, then it might be time to lower some expectations, just like we did with KPJ when he didn't improve much at all his second year here.

I'll be a bit more patient with Jabari but same principle.