1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 10/25/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Technically the players we chose were pretty much the best players available at the time, and unless Fertitta puts the rubber stamp of approval on every pick, I'm not even bringing him into this conversation. Who do we blame next? His parents for having him? His ancestors for coming to America? Adam and Eve? If you want to blame Stone, I don't have any issues with that, but again, not too many people balked against picking the players we picked back then.

But .... let's see if this was a fluke game first. The ball protection and handling were just crap tonight, but we were still in the game for much of the game. Then it all fell apart when I went to get my Amazon package off the porch. Y'all gonna blame me now, right? :D

One thing I'm definitely worried about is other teams watching this game where Cole Anthony looked like prime Gary Payton out there creating havoc and ramp up the pressure on our players and they can't handle it. But like I said, let's wait and see. We may get tested again with Sochan and the Spurs in a couple of days.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is where someone like Alp who was scrapping with Carter but then looking for fouls instead of keeping up the fight is going to benefit.

Nook likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dredd and Snow Villiers like this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah, we all know Amazon is the reason why the world sucks. :D

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Screw you, man! Amazon is my MVP!

GotGame15 and Easy like this.
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I had the game on at the office. Every time I looked up it looked like we were getting bullied. We look tiny. And not terribly talented. 81 to go though.

Nook and Dredd like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I am just saying it wasn't really a 30 point loss. Most of the game Orlando was up by around 10 or so points. In the middle of the game Orlando was up 1. A trash lineup was put in and Orlando took a 20 point lead and like 2 mins in the 4th quarter Ime pulled his starters and it ended at 30.

I get the team played terrible but I don't agree that it was a 30 point loss, that implies to me that Orlando went up 30 earlier in the game.

It's like those times the Rockets would make fake comebacks and take a beatdown and make it look like they lost only by 10 when we know that wasn't what happened.

It was a relatively close game until Orlando went on a game closing run late in the 3rd. I don't know what that means for the rest of the season as a lot of early results sometimes don't make sense, we will see, but it wasn't a 30 point beat down. Rockets actually had a shot at winning this game, that Amen-Green lineup instantly threw the game away.

Let's see what happens next game. Hopefully Ime will learn what players he can and can't play at certain moments in the game at least.

slothy420 likes this.
  10. YaosDirtyStache

This game made my ******* bleed. Jabari Smith Jr is NOT an NBA level talent and I will challenge anyone to debunk that.

PeterKingX and Dredd like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Amen not cracking those jokes anymore, lol

Nook and Dredd like this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Jalen: 10/1/0 on 2/10
    Cade: 30/3/9 on 13/27
    Shai: 31/5/10 on 12/18
    Scottie: 17/8/5 on 6/16
    Ant: 26/14/1 on 8/27

Painted Nails is going to to have to get it together and get it together quick because I'm not unsure Cam won't be a better tool offensively and defensively this year if this keeps up. At least this year we don't have Head Psycho to worry about so there's that.

13. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Not really blaming anyone. Just frustrated. You're right. Most anyone would have picked the same guys. It's just really frustrating so far that they don't seem to be living up to expectations (thinking more of Green). Jabari reverting back to early in his rookie season. Of course it was Amen's first game. All the players getting used to a new system. It can only go up from here right? One can only hope.

14. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

Should have paid Harden over VanVleet

Guarantee we don't lose this bad with Harden

fckbandwagons likes this.
  15. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I challenge it...I think you are wrong. And, trust me, he was far from the only reason we lost tonight. Let's see what happens this year...and who is wrong when the year is over.

YaosDirtyStache likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Cam : 0/1/0 on 0/4

:D

I know, I know ... he only played around 9 minutes, but I didn't see a ton great from him tonight, either.

17. Nook

Nook Member

When you realize…. Jalen Green is DeAngelo Russell and Jabari Smith is a 6’10” shooting guard that can’t shoot or rebound… or dribble … so he is basically just tall and skinny.

The Rockets season started like 4 hours ago and Udoka has already basically said he is team is a bunch of weak pu$$ies.

18. YaosDirtyStache

Youre on!

I just personally dont see much in the guy, bad handles, he got beat on a ton of drives tonight so his lateral quickness is up for debate, he has NO HOPS, shys away from post contact, no post game, no go to move, bricks the shots he was supposedly "generational" at. The mans holes in his game arent ones a coach can fix, theyre mostly physical.

PeterKingX and Dredd like this.
  19. Asian Sensation

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"I'm going to need you to work late on Wednesday from the office, not remotely, mmkay?... And I'm going to need you to go ahead and watch the Rockets game while you do it, all 4 periods mmkay?"

Nook, B-Bob and MadMax like this.