1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Rangers vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

We should have a great team returning. Of course we don't know how many will go down early, but at least it won't be in the WBC.

Viol8r likes this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

You were a great Astro uncle Mike. I wonder if he retires or goes to another team.

travfrancis likes this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

But what if our objective was to help them get to the WS to only lose to the Phillies.

What a great consolation prize.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

They spent a crap ton of money(4th highest payroll) to do so

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think they were tired. From the WS to the WBC to the pitch clock to the injuries to the strain of repeating.
    The safety blanket last year was the excellent, unprecendented pitching. They didn't have that. Just about every pitcher took a step back.
    The lineups and the lineup was streaky.
    Moving forward they are going to need Valdez, Javier and Pena to recapture their form.

Jake Tower, arabrocket and Viol8r like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I like to see the mind state the team is in after a loss. You do find some things out, like Brantley sounds like he's gone which is expected, and just see how guys are reacting to it.

Jake Tower and DreamShook like this.
  8. Kphorns14

Kphorns14 Member

Well we kept the ALCS streak alive which is what my expectation was for the year. Just sucks it had to be the rangers, thought it would be TB, Baltimore. Regroup, be motivated make smart signings and win the ring possibly one more time next year.

SWTsig and Viol8r like this.
  9. Viol8r

Viol8r Member

I'm curious what the Tucker negotiations will be like going forward....

10. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

The Athletic reported that he’s not returning from what I heard….

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They were really one base hit with the bases loaded and 1 outs from getting to another WS. Dubon and Singleton ended up with the series-deciding at-bats.

Stephen66 likes this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

I'll put it to you BTG would when there is someone that knows what they are talking about i'll post more.

13. tx2005

tx2005 Member

It sucks to see Uncle Mike go (most likely), but it seems like it's time due to his injury struggles. He's been a huge part of this run and he's been the definition of consistency and leadership outside of his injuries (and to be fair even injured, he seemed to have a huge presence in the locker room last season). I wish him the best.

Jake Tower likes this.
  14. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Apparently he's been telling people (organization and outside of the organization) that 2023 would be his final year. Didn't want to make it public because didn't want a farewell tour (distraction). BUT, there's a but, he said he has to think it over. Maybe he wants redemption and asks to come back lol.

15. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

No but I thought it was destiny for baseball this year for me.
    Japan won WBC, favorite Japanese team(Hanshin Tigers)playing in the finals, so close for Houston to get to the World Series. :(

Viol8r likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Brian Mctaggart getting roasted in his mentions

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

This one hurts. I closely followed the Astros this year and fell in love with the sport, what a heartbreaking way to end.

Jake Tower and Radricky like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

What a utter disappointing end to otherwise a remarkable era of Houston Astros sports. We have had some highs and this definitely is a low, but man was this fun. I don't know what is left in store for this team, but the window is closing(or may have closed this series). Much like other situations...Feel we have squandered 2 titles from this franchise during this run. 2019 and 2023 really should have been great opportunities.

This series and the way we have lost to them really stunk. Not saying losing is OK, but getting blown the f out sucks. So many culprits, but the biggest and most glaring was coaching. Dusty Baker's best moment in this series was when he stalled the game after getting tossed and let the bench coaching steal a victory from a very likely game 5 defeat(took a heroic Altuve homer, and gutsy 6 out save by Pressley). Moving from a remarkable game 5 win with so much momentum, good coaching would find ways to ensure that there is NO life for them. Benching Brantley after his great game 3 (smdh). Questionable lineup cards that failed to get our best hitters more chances and protect them with bats that hit for contact. He literally iced Brantley, Chas, Dubon and Diaz this series...NO one had a rhythm at the plate. Multiple games this series where we were baseloaded and NO outs - without scoring a run. Maldy's went on national TV and "said that Garcia - woke up the Astros." Cant be him to talk that talk with the worst batting avg for a season by a starting catcher. He wasnt even the best Astros catcher.

I was especially mad after the first inning of today's game. Multiple stolen bases because they didnt respect Maldy's arm or Dusty's coaching. Garcia getting hot were ALL coaching/pitching blunders.

Moving forward, Dusty and Maldonado's careers should finish today. If I was Crane, would find a way to get back Luhnow back for this organization. He single handedly changed our franchise for the better. Congrats Rangers on this win, and good luck in the WS - yall were clearly the better AL team this season.

Jake Tower and phasors28 like this.
  20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He has lost SO much value for his performance throughout the playoffs.