1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"They don't Know how to Run no Organization"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pgabriel, Aug 20, 2004.

1. coma

coma Contributing Member

So TMac had some parting words for a horrible organization. Who cares?

That's right I forgot, we traded away Steve Francis for him.

Give it a break already.

2. feishen

feishen Member

Is there a way we can bring SF and Cat back?

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He's a young guy without a college education; I don't expect too much. Actually though, I think he does know better. I think he's lashing out in insecurity at the Magic organization hoping to make sure everyone knows or thinks that the Magic's failures weren't his fault. The unrealistic nature of his ideas are similar to Francis' comments (though Francis has been much classier) about the parity of the trade. I wish McGrady would have sense enough to be quiet; it seems to me he's making himself look worse in his efforts to make himself look better.

4. mikedane

mikedane Member

I think that stevie would have rather have beeen traded to the clippers by the way he reacted to being traded to orlando, but at least orlando got some pretty good players this time and by stevie being fairly popular I think that he should be able to pursuade other good players to come there in the future.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Just wondering, pgabriel, will you cheer for T-Mac in a Rockets uniform?

#25 AroundTheWorld, Aug 20, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You know, this doesn't surprise me. This is the Boxx we are talking about. I mean, he is totally playing to his audience. He didn't say ANYTHING like that when he was interviewed on 610 after the trade because he knew it was a sports station. He didn't even say it in in-depth interviews with Florida newspapers.

This is an urban station that encourages that kind of thing. I have a good friend who produces their morning show and this is just their way of getting their listeners interested.

Until he starts ranting to the regular media, I'm not going to even think about it.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Actually the DJ's were reacting like they were surprised he was being so honest about his feelings. So I don't know about the whole playing to your audience deal. Maybe. But they actually mentioned that they weren't used to hearing that type of honesty.

8. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Deal with it. TMac is not very mature, so is Francis. At 19, Lebron is way more
    poised than both of them. Yao is mature.too.

Magic GM has trashed TMac before and after the trade. Now it's his turn to fight back.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

T-Mac, like just about every other NBA superstar, does a lot of whining when things go wrong. I don't really see how he can fault the Magic management considering the Grant Hill debacle. Besides, the management did manage to surround him with playoff talent, which in a way screwed him over because they never had a shot at someone like Yao in the draft.

That said, quite frankly,I don't really care. T-Mac's job is to deliver on the court. If he can do that, then he could whine as much as he wants for all I care. If he plays like Steve Francis, then his words will be much more scrutinized.

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I hope in a few years he isn't talking about us like that.

11. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

I think people do grow up with age.

12. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

He's 25 not 18...he has to do better than that.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Pgab,

Why are you hating on Tmac?

DD

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Where did I hate besides calling his rant on the trade ignorant. Do you not want to hear what the new superstar has to say? To be fair, he said he was happy to join Yao, repeated some of the things from the press conference about doing great things here. And he said he liked the Rockets organization. But when I turned on the station, he was going off on Orlando and I thought maybe some fans wanted to see what he had to say.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

wow...could you please post this in the thread where you went off on me?? thanks in advance!!! :D

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well,

Why didn't you print all the things he said?

Why does someone have to call you out to get the whole story?

Why are you such a TMac hater?

DD

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

DaDa

What is the purpose of writing he likes Yao and the organiztion. There's nothing to that, we already know that. And quite frankly most of the basketball talk was about his disdain of the Magic organization.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It bees that way sometimes...

19. caphorns

caphorns Member

I don't care what he says about us in a few years, as long as he leaves with some rings on his fingers. Think Shaq.

20. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I guess I'm not a true fan, because I could care less what any of them have to say. I just want them to play well and shut up.

It seems as though when athletes open their mouth, the first thing that happens is that they stick their foot in it.

:rolleyes: