1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Not sure if this applies here in this thread but my wife is trying to get tickets to the local game in Nashville this weekend.

I think Messi is playing at least that's what she's telling me I wasn't even keeping up - she's more of a soccer fan than me so I'll have to get with her on more details but if that works out, this will be the first time I've ever seen him live, so I'll be excited

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Messi is like Jordan, transcends sports and people who not care about sports know who he is.

ROXRAN likes this.
  3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Amazing game! Had to pay $400 for tickets unfortunately but it was a once in a lifetime chance

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Watched the game last night against RSL, Houston advanced to play Messi in the US Open Cup Finals

It’s been a LONG time since this team had any direction, but I think they finally have it. This is the best they have looked in YEARS.

And they are actually entertaining to watch, this is the most capable passing team, as a whole, that they’ve ever had. They have made smart signings (young guys, vets, anyone). They play tough, run hard, and have some flair. Really refreshing to see last night.

No, they aren’t the best team, but they are at least in the playoff picture for the first time since I don’t even know when. And a cup final against Messi hopefully brings some excitement around the club

Beavis Stiffler likes this.
  5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And qualified for the CONCACAF CL for next season. I'm still not sold. Want to see real investment in the team beyond just changing the color of the seats at whatever-the-stadium-name-is-today Stadium.

6. Beavis Stiffler

Big game tomorrow night. It will be nationally televised on CBS Sports Network and Telemundo. Also, it will be on streaming platforms, Paramount+ and Peacock.

[​IMG]

7. Beavis Stiffler

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Best team in MLS

9. REEKO_HTOWN

City of Champions!

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Congrats to the Dynamo! Winning hardware is what it's about and now they'll be in the CONCACAF CL next season...which is a good thing for the club. Been in such a rut for so long that it's nice to see them doing something. I'll admit that I was not in any way enthused about Ben Olsen being hired. Felt like more of the same mediocrity. But he's actually done a nice job this season and, if healthy, they might make some noise in the playoffs.

All that said, I watched the 2nd half and I noticed Zidane in the crowd. Have to wonder what he thinks about the level of football. So many just bad touches and terrible decisions. It's really hard to watch after watching the EPL and, well, most of European football.

ramotadab, Fyreball and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

his first trophy!

ramotadab, Salvy and leroy like this.
  13. Beavis Stiffler

How appropriate it’s H-Town vs. Utah in the playoffs/postseason.

Playoff schedule to be announced later today. The Dynamo will have home field advantage in the first round. They will host Game 1 and Game 3 if necessary.

14. Beavis Stiffler

15. Beavis Stiffler

16. Beavis Stiffler

17. Beavis Stiffler

18. Beavis Stiffler

19. Beavis Stiffler

20. Beavis Stiffler