1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Rangers vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Bring it on

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Speak for yourself. I bet $325 the Astros would win the WS and stand to win $1,800 if they win it all.

DreamShook and Scarface281 like this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

So let’s just call him James Harden

amirite @DreamShook

Stephen66 and DreamShook like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Can someone explain why the MLB is delaying its decision on Abreu?

Seems like they are just jerking us around on that.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rangers current GM, Chris Young used to be in the league office that disciplines player just a few years ago. Pretty sure it's his old co-workers watching out for him and his team.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I still can't believe only 3 guys on this team got a hit in this game. It doesn't get much worse than that. Even stranger is that anyone whose last name didn't end in A didn't get a hit.

I thought they'd make a statement tonight after all the BS we endured the last game. I thought they'd come home and clinch this series for the home fans tonight. I guess it will be that much sweeter tomorrow night if we kick their butts. This is not not a stress free series by any means, but it's not over yet. Come on Stros! Let's Do This!

Jake Tower likes this.
  7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Tucks problems started when he was pushing hard to get 30 homers and 100 rbis. Remember how long he was stuck at 99 RBIs? He became a bad hitter the closer he got and then he still struggled. Their was too much talk about Tuck wanting to reach his season end goals. It became more about him than the team.

napalm06, Jake Tower and Tomstro like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah this is pretty insane. The guys on FS1 just said the MLB said they'll make that decision on gametime. That's quite frankly inexcusable.

So Abreu has no idea if he's pitching tomorrow or not. I mean he should be prepared either way but this should be something they let the Astros know first thing in the morning.

Deckard likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't believe for a minute he puts money on us to lose. Seriously? Come on man, that's ridiculous. Have you seen how excited he gets when we win? Didn't you see how enraged he got over that BS ejection of Abreu?

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

There's something weird about a dynasty level baseball team that is statistically below average in their home ballpark. That has to be figured out. And it's not just one thing. It's not just pitching or hitting. They are legitimately not good in the park where they play more than half their games. That has been the biggest failure of the season and it can't be ignored in the offseason. They need to figure that **** out ASAP.

11. tx2005

tx2005 Member

From what I understand, Abreu waited until just before game time to appeal, meaning he was available tonight.

I believe the CBA requires all appeals to be heard and ruled on within 48 hours of appeal in the postseason, therefore it's been reported that there is a hearing tomorrow, after which Abreu will have to serve his suspension immediately unless they overturn his appeal (highly unlikely). I also think that this something in the new CBA, because the Yuli suspension from the 2017 World Series was pushed until 2018. It sounds like the rules state that the suspension must be served immediately (or at least that's what the reporting I've seen seems to say).

Most likely outcome in my opinion is that they either uphold the full 2 game suspension or drop it to 1 game. I would be shocked if it's overturned all together, so in my mind, it's practically a guarantee he's out for Game 7.

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Obviously mental

13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

We can dang sure win it...we have to score runs and Javy has to hang in there for like 6 innings and pitch his butt off and only giving up a run or two. I'm so disappointed in the "I" instead of "team" approach. Bases loaded and you got up there swinging at balls when you should make a guy throw strikes. But, everyone wants to be a hero. A pitch comes in on you and you jump out of the way instead of taking the hit on a heavily armored arm. When Javy is on, he's on....got to hope good Javy shows up and we can score some runs. We owe Scherzer one.

14. tx2005

tx2005 Member

There are definitely a number of things that need to be worked on in the offseason. The top of that list is figuring out why this team can't win at home.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  15. tx2005

tx2005 Member

You have to imagine it's a result of the team pressing, especially given how bad they have struggled at home. I doubt that changes tomorrow or in the World Series if they pull off a win tomorrow night. Hopefully something is figured out in the offseason regarding their struggles at MMP.

16. ImG

ImG Member

Down 0-2 to start the series, 9 out of 10 would loved a game 7. Well here it is, let's reign.

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Every Astros player is getting asked why they can't win at home and they've got nothing. It's deep in their heads now.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Agree. It's the same park we dominated in at home last year, with the same players struggling now.

19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He shouldn't be pitching tomorrow regardless. You max out a reliever at 4 appearances in a 7 game set.

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

1 Altuve
    2 Dubon
    3 Bregman
    4 Alvarez
    5 Abreu
    6 Tucker
    7 Diaz
    8 Brantley
    9 Pena

This is the lineup to go