1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Something I've thought and not seen mentioned anywhere else.

I genuinely wonder whether Harden's in his feelings about zero recognition last year.

I mean if you wiped his name from the sheet, and read his numbers to someone they'd say that person was a top X player in the league.

But for some reason when you then say "that was James Harden'" - the opinion changes.

Embiid won MVP with Harden. Embiid got all the accolades (deserved or undeserved... did the whinging and the 'RaCiSt' claims from the media have any bearing on that?) and not once did I see it mentioned that Harden helped the game open up for Embiid/make his life easier on his path to the MVP - which he never was able to win before Harden got there.

clos4life likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who expects credit when his teammate wins the MVP? That's like your teammates moment you gotta be an absolute ass if you get upset cuz nobody was giving you props your teammate won the mvp.

3. Ancient Moabite

I think every fanatic and hater has their limits, one just may take longer to decide/realize when to stop being either or and just look at the situation for what it really is

Rather you are pro or anti Harden its silly for anyone to get their panties in a bunch because nobody truly knows the 100% accuracy of how the discussions went between Morey and Harden about a contract extension or a trade

clos4life and Corpusfan like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The term comes from fanatics but it evolved throughout time......

Now fair weathers are called fans, and people that only follow teams sporadically are called fans.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It says a lot when a team refuses to trade Terrance Mann for James Harden.

6. i3artow i3aller

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

well to be fair, what reason do they have to give the sixers what they want ? who are they bidding against ? this is easier right now with everyone healthy before the season has started. if the clippers come out looking mediocre it will change things. they reportedly do want a deal done soon just not with mann. i think that is the reason why. they are hoping the sixers fold NOW. as the season goes on i think there is more of a chance they have to include him. i dont think there is any other player the level harden they can get for a role player like mann and expirings.

8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

well to be fair, what reason do they have to give the sixers what they want ? who are they bidding against ? this is easier right now with everyone healthy before the season has started. if the clippers come out looking mediocre it will change things. they reportedly do want a deal done soon just not with mann. i think that is the reason why. they are hoping the sixers fold NOW. as the season goes on i think there is more of a chance they have to include him. i dont think there is any other player the level harden they can get for a role player like mann and expirings.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden is a 34 year old who is pissed that he didn't get a long term max contract. Which mean whoever is getting him needs to either treat him as a rental or pay him some serious money in the off season. Neither options really sound that great for a team to give up assets

Richie_Rich likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If only your boss would accept something like that.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If it was the vintage Harden, teams would line up to throw draft picks and role players at Morey to get a one-year rental.

Harden has tanked his market value by (1) disappointing playoffs performance, (2) his repeated antics of trashing his relationship with his team, and (3) limiting only one team for his trade destination.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Maybe he has something to do

J.R. likes this.
  14. Ancient Moabite

Yup, fan is short for fanatic, and there are plenty of folks from various cities who only root for a team because they are tied to that city, and may know only the franchise/popular player or two and nothing else, it is what it be

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I have it on good authority that Harden recently adopted a puppy who suffers from severe separation anxiety. Harden cannot leave his apartment until this trauma has been worked through. People need to give Harden a break; these things take time.

16. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

From the Clippers' perspective:

Kawhi (age 32), Paul George (age 33) and Westbrick (age 35) all have player options after this season. They all could be gone.
    The triple aging stars didn't work for us in '97-98 with Olajuwon / Barkley / Drexler...or in '98-'99 with Olajuwon / Barkley / Pippen.
    I don't know how the Clippers can look at this season as anything other than 'one last (unlikely) shot' with this aging group before a complete reboot.

Is one more year of Terrance Mann, who will be going on age 28 with one year left on his deal, really a building block for a reboot?
    Is adding a 4th old star a plus or a minus this season versus younger players?

Clearly the Clippers want both Harden and to get younger. They also don't want to bid against themselves. Trading 3 old dudes with matching/expiring salaries (some combo of Morris, Batum, Covington, Powell) for aging rental Harden, plus throwing in a FRP and pick swap gives them 2 roster spots for younger guys plus adding Harden. It's a **** package for Morey, but he's in a self-imposed box.

Harden has also completely **** the bed on himself: He turned down max extensions from both Tilman and from Tsai, demanded trades from both teams, and then takes a 1+1 discount from Morey, only to further screw himself by opting in to the +1. His value gets lower every day with age and no-show antics, which likely means his career is over in the NBA after this season unless it resolves soon. If he was smart, he'd play the cards he dealt himself, and ball out with the 76ers to rehabilitate his value, and extend his career. We all know he won't do it. His ego won't allow it, so the self-destruction continues.

I personally wish the Clippers would concede on Mann, just to end this **** show for all parties, but maybe I should just buy more popcorn and enjoy the show. At the end of the day, I don't think that Mann is a major enough piece to really matter.

17. i3artow i3aller

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

#bewell to Harden's puppy. He needs to call Royce White for consultation.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. OremLK

OremLK Member

If that ends up happening we gotta get in there as a third team and pick one of NYK's centers. Preferably Mitchell Robinson who would be a perfect platoon mate with Sengun, but a Hartenstein reunion also wouldn't be the worst thing.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So I almost had it right when I thought... what a little b**** ?

Invisible Fan and SamFisher like this.