1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Goes To War with Hamas 2023

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I agree it's not a difficult thing to hand waive as an excuse living in this country or any modern developed country with a conventional military. Since birth we've been brainwashed to just accept that this is fine.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

what are you saying I have been brainwashed into accepting?

3. fchowd0311

Ii agree it's not a difficult thing to hand waive as an excuse living in this country or any modern developed country with a conventional military. Since birth we've been brainwashed to just accept that this is fine.
    When I have time I'll find the quotes. I vivldy remember cheering on Hamas insurgent deaths which again I don't think is wrong in itself but it's cheering along with the deaths of civilians.

4. fchowd0311

The concept of collateral damage being morally acceptable.

I think you have take a few steps back and figure out why superpowers with conventional militaries don't conduct warfare the same why non conventional forces do.

You also have to realize through empathy that in most cases the people living in countries that don't have conventional militaries are probably living in a chaotic setting relative to you. They might have a higher chance of experiencing childhood trauma than you. They have a higher chance of experiencing things that make them more prone to radicalization.

In modern developed nations with conventional militaries, a lot of those extremists have outlets like Marine infantry. And now those blood lusters are now in a controlled environment under a chain of command part of a 1 trillion dollar military. The kids who experience childhood trauma don't have that outlet. They don't got their Marine infantry.

In America the G Gordon Lillies of the world have an outlet in the US military as teens.

5. tallanvor

it can be, obviously . Every war ever has had collateral damage. You are against any parties involvement in any war ever?

apparently i have been brainwashed into thinking one innocent life being taken is better than 100 innocent lives.......

6. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again, false equivalency. While I agree there was childishness on all sides (something that occurs hourly on this forum and thus hardly unique), only one person made (however vaguely) violent threats and spewed all kinds of ugly bigotry.

Equivocating the two is (in my view) akin to a teacher who allows a bully to get away with all kinds of ugliness but then punishes both the bully and the victim when the latter retaliates.

But we’ve both made our points and I’m fully aware of how ironic it is to be arguing over “fault” in a thread where most of us have expressed exasperation with the Israelis and Palestinians accusing the other of being the bad guy.

7. fchowd0311

Is that the ratio of Palestinians to Israeli civilian deaths in the past 20 years 1 Palestinian to 100 Israelis?

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't know **** about these countries and why they're feuding. Someone give me an unbiased rundown.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You read my post and saw it as showing that they are equal, while I was not even thinking of that or wanting to indicate that. FWIW, they were not equal.

To your last point, isn't that what gets people stuck, don't they? There are solutions, even to something like this, that involve 'holy warring' on one side and 'aggressive preventive defense' on the other, if both sides are willing. History has shown it can happen.

11. tallanvor

no idea. you made a claim I was 'brainwashed' into thinking collateral damage was morally acceptable, so I gave an obvious scenario where collateral damage is. could be any conflict you want.

12. fchowd0311

These type of scenarios are for people who watch too much shows like 24. Liberal Hollywood has a party in this brainwashing also. Liberal Hollywood is still part of American hegomony.

They aren't based in reality. WW2 was probably the last war involving the US that involved that moral dhelima.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

No lie, I have been in this boat forever.

Two things you need to know.

1) they both have legitimate claim to the land

2) it's all the British empire's fault

cheke64 likes this.
  14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m sorry clutch fan members. Have a great night and hopefully we will see you soon.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

you hopped on the test? How much you bench?

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

what did that dumbass post someone catch me up

#256 LosPollosHermanos, Oct 7, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You don’t have any hair. And I’m sure anybody googling you* off of the info you*** provided will see that. You should delete it idiot.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The world has become much more unstable since 46 took office. @astros123 Even the WH canines are attacking everyone.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The whole situation is sad over there. Israelis shouldn't have to deal with terrorism. And Palestinians should not be ethnically cleansed out of their homeland.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Until he acknowledges his drinking problem, there’s no point in responding. Unless you enjoy watching him rant.

Nook likes this.