1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Diamondbacks

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 29, 2023.

1. GottaHaveHeart

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

They’ll probably try to hand it to the Rangers so they can get some kind of victory vs the Astros.

3. mightybosstone

With Kirby going tomorrow, I have to think Seattle has the pitching edge, but I thought the same thing about tonight. I have to think Seattle's players are equally as motivated to beat the Rangers as they would be to screw over the Astros. If they don't bring their A game tomorrow, it may have more to do with the deflation of missing the playoffs.

4. jayfree

jayfree Member

I'm hoping Seattle will want to still stick it to the Rangers and go all out with Kirby on the mount.

Rangers get drunk.... lose tomorrow against a Sober Mariner squad out for blood.
    Dbacks and Astros both drunk but the Astros are used to celebrating big wins so focused drunk to win the game and division

joshuaao, DreamR, Uprising and 2 others like this.
  5. mightybosstone

Whether Houston wins the division or not, though, I'm good with it. Considering where we were a week ago, this seemed unlikely. And if they end up the 6 seed, I actually think that bracket plays out nicely for them to make another ALCS.

Baba Booey likes this.
  6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

8. InTheGroove

InTheGroove Member

9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Astros don't get drunk. Been there done that. They'll be focused tomorrow to win the division.

10. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Go for the division or rest players tomorrow? Or basically scoreboard watch and base it on what's happening in the Texas game? But if Toronto loses tomorrow and both Houston and Texas wins, Houston jumps ahead of Toronto and play TB? Don't want that. Would be crazy if Toronto loses and Houston has a lead and Texas gets a comeback win.

11. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I think they are more likely to be the 5th seed, as I think both teams playing for the division will win tomorrow, and the team that knows losing is it’s best chance to avoid TB does so.

12. dholi_1

dholi_1 Member

Blue jays don’t have anything to play for

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I smell a division title

Viol8r and MadMax like this.
  14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Congrats on a playoff berth, Astros! What a crazy race it's been in the division. It's never been this crazy.

Baba Booey, DreamShook and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We made the playoffs and here you are still with your little pu$$y posts. Be happy for a change. Take your own advice and be a real fan instead of such a little jerkoff.

16. AkeemTheDreem86

Congratulations to Blummer and T.K. for getting to participate in such a big moment for once! They've earned it, and I wish they'd get to call playoff games.

17. mightybosstone

Just saw the table that was posted, and I forgot about the Blue Jays. They have the same record, but Toronto holds the tiebreaker, so if Houston wins, Arlington wins and Toronto loses, that's the only scenario where they end up 5th. That's a worst-case scenario for me, though. I'd almost rather they just lose tomorrow outright than have to face Tampa Bay and Baltimore in the first two rounds.

iria73 likes this.
  18. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Will they lay down tomorrow ?

19. AkeemTheDreem86

Oh I'm happy, my mang! Happy Rangers fans like you have been and continue to be so ****ing wrong because it means ASTROS WIN!!!

GO 'STROOOOOOOOOS!!!

20. conquistador#11

Do you play if you're the Mariners?