1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn* Fantasy Hoops 2022-23 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Sep 29, 2022.

1. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Congrats Fade! You get revenge for our finals match last season.

My team was top two in scoring all season but wasn't able to get it done this week. Two-game week for Jokic was always going to be a difficult road when your best player had four.

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Thanks bro!

Luka only ended up playing 3 though... and Lillard only played 1... Fox 2.5... plus Vucevic got ejected in the 1st Q on Sunday. Lots of shenanigans going on with my guys. Not sure how I pulled it off, but Luka scoring 80-90 per game certainly helped.

Thank goodness for Jokic's 2 game week. You definitely would have won otherwise.

Bring on PSJ and let's see what the finals bring.

Jamers likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

After Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF. I bend the knee to Fade. This was over early.

Jamers likes this.
  4. fadeaway

Happy to finally seal the deal after multiple runner up finishes since the inaugural championship back in 2001. :cool:

My team felt solid all around and most importantly stayed pretty healthy all year. Lillard's shutdown was a major buzzkill but luckily Shaedon Sharpe stepped up during the finals to mitigate the damage. I think there's a good chance that Sharpe will ultimately be the best player from his draft class over the long term.

Thanks to everyone for playing, and I hope to see you all back again next year! :)

5. Jamers

Jamers Member

Honestly, I think it'll be Kessler. Congrats! I got good picks but injuries killed me.

6. fadeaway

NBA regular season starts Oct.24 which is about a month away. Assuming a slow draft which is typically 2-3 weeks, it will soon be time to start getting this in order again.

Plowman likes this.
  7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely love it when hoops, baseball, and football merge together....

#227 Plowman, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  8. fadeaway

I have had an idea in my mind for years now about a super league where you manage MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL fantasy teams under a single structure, and your performances in each league are pooled together to determine an ultimate champion. You could have situations where you could possibly do a trade like Damian Lillard & Patrick Mahomes for Shoehei Ohtani & Connor McDavid. It would be very complicated, but super cool.

Plowman likes this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yeah, that sounds as good as it gets, fade! Upon reading your post, I did a bit of research, and found this.

Something similar? - https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...leagues-a-fantasy-league-that-has-everything/

Lots of work, but it would be killer.

#229 Plowman, Sep 21, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

Fade putting up the prize money is a nice gesture. If we convert the money award from Canadian to American, it's still about 100k. So I'm in.

Plowman likes this.
  11. fadeaway

Ha ha.. that sounds amazing. I didn't envision having a single draft for all the sports at the same time, but that would be so crazy and fun.

Plowman likes this.