1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tillman Fertitta - Laughingstock of NBA Ownership!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He bad.

Repackaging lemon wedges and unused Brodie cups are questionable but could be seen as hustle to a shareholder.

This is beyond treating players like "assets." But I guess that could be seen as revolutionary or locked-in to some...

2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s the Landry’s inc. basketball team now. This isn’t the same thing most of us grew up loving.

dobro1229 likes this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I feel sorry for the longer term fans. The ones who've invested so much emotionally, and also actual dollar-wise into tickets, merchandise etc over the years.

Meaning we can't just wake up one morning and say F the Rockets.

Part of me wishes I was a fair-weather fan so I could do just that.

Because honestly I absolutely loathe Tilman and Patrick.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not laughing for the Next 2 Months.

5. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Let me try to get this straight:
    - KPJ throws food in CLE troubled young man, not mature
    - CLE trades him for pennies on the dollar to HOU
    - Awesome ownership and group in HOU
    - Going above and beyond take a chance and put a support group around this kid
    - Make him starring PG, give him opportunity of a lifetime

- KPJ arrested for alleged assault on GF
    - HOU ownership wants to cut ties, concerns with how this behavior will impact their young developing team
    - HOU is a POS joke, laughing stock of NBA

WTF !?! Am I missing??? I totally do not understand this logic. Maybe because there is no logic. It’s emotional reactions. Ownership is applying reasonable logic and trying to do what’s right and protect the other players. They supported this kid, loved him, gave an opportunity when most others weren’t willing to. Unfortunately everyone knew it was a gamble. But they didn’t give up. They gave him an opportunity and the kid couldn’t make it work.

So this is what’s right for the franchise. Move tf on! They’ve done more than almost any other organization would. It was always a high risk high reward gamble.

6. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

Our fan base is an emotional wreck right now. Anybody complaining must not of lived through the joke of ownership group we had before Les. Wasted years of Dream's talent with that circus.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If this team breaks through as expected who will the Know It All club blame next? If your happiness in life is impacted by a sports team and the only way you know how to cope is by shitposting 10-20 times a day you may need to go touch some grass and nurture the important circles in your life for a little while.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More like impacted by a lunatic sociopath Joker individual.

Coddled and enabled by said sports team.

Whining about whiners essentially.

fattz likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, this cracks me up. I actually knew a restaurant owner who poured unfinished iced tea from a glass back to the pitcher for another table.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Then sit on your hands when they start winning again and dont say a peep! Except what will happen is that the sourpuss gang will still find SOMETHING to complain about because why wouldnt they? It was happening when we were winning with Harden. It happened during a tank. It happens during every draft. Every trade deadline. It will happen when this team starts winning again. Its more a shitty fan thing than a shitty ownership thing and even further a shitty fan with a shitty life coming here trying to make other peoples lives shitty too with their cognitive dissonance and lack of self esteem needing to find validation from strangers on sports forums and chat rooms.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why do you keep casting those who doubted KPJ and complained about the FO for mishandling it as people who want to see the Rockets fail? It's actually the other way around. Those who are livid about the FO are fans who WANT to see the Rockets successful. It is those who kept defending KPJ like what the FO has been doing that were ignoring the interest of the team in favor of an individual player.

Come down the high horse and admit that you were as wrong as the FO and move on.

fattz, daywalker02 and YOLO like this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Who the **** is bringing up KPJ other than yourself? This is the Tilman Fertitta thread right? Thanks for propagating the stereotype for me! This fanbase could be gifted with another owner and GM and the flawed reasoning would be that it would lead to more wins. Maybe the next owner should send out a fan opinion form to CFans members to be able to put together a winner since all the smooth brains here seem to know what it takes to run billion dollar companies.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha, you wish. Funny you are talking about people's lives, going about something you do not have a clue about.

So most of us are all law abiding, tax paying citizens and that makes us shetty.......in the face what happened in NY......

If nothing, that is just being normal

Running your mouth and being vulgar is not being any different.

#93 daywalker02, Sep 15, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL what? Holy ****ing tangents Batman! See how you NEEDED to inject some subjective redeeming quality about yourself and then implied that it belongs to a greater group of better people? I hope the therapy you recieve from this site works out, but you could spend some of that hard earned cash on a better outlet for your shortcomings in life.

I learned today I dont pay taxes and am a criminal! LOL add that to the racist and domestic abuse apologist snark -- Im really entering rarified air this week! You virtue signalers are hilarious. "stop being mean and be civil" among the detritus of the board at large its really just too funny.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

As a long term 30+ year fan of the Rockets I can say that I have zero opinion about Les Alexander, Charlie Ward, or Tilman Fertita. I find it weird that so many of you get so worked up about ownership financial decisions. Of course I’d love if the owner had a blank check — but that has literally never been the case for this team. Why are we shocked and so angry that THIS owner is considering financials?

16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Why do I feel all this hostility is coming from Morey's left over fans here

cheke64 likes this.
  17. kubli9

Supporting Member

The Rockets have always been the least popular sports team in Houston, and Tillman keeps finding ways to bring them even lower. I'm sure kids in Houston don't give af about the current Rockets. The Dynamo may soon surpass the Rockets in popularity.

18. kubli9

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

still true

20. kubli9

Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Slap a Rockets logo on there because this is what the team has become. Landry's division of sports and arena food.

YOLO likes this.