1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Targets for a KPJ Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jags, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Tell that to the people who are saying cutting them is against the CBA and that's why they are trading him. Because I said the same thing you are before people told be me that they cant cut him. SO which is true? There's so many conflicting reports who the heck knows what's true right now.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Giannis? Embiid? Dame? Zion? DeRozan (we don't shoot 3's team theme)? KAT?.......Gobert?

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The Rockets just need to get this over with and send out KPJ + 2nd round pick for a veteran who won't ask for any minutes, but is known for being a good locker room presence.

KPJ doesn't need to be replaced, you have three guys that you need to consider distributing minutes to (Amen, Cam and Tate) already. KPJ's value as a player is entirely propped up by what the front office thinks of him, which is why he had such an atrociously unfavorable contract because he couldn't find one better (despite some people trying to argue his contract was proof that he was highly valued in the market).

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Ancient Moabite and Easy like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rockets in: Mike Conley (expiring contract)
    x
    T-Wolves in: KPj / Tate

I would rather both, play Conley and have Amen learn from him rather than VanVleet

----------

Houston in: Duncan Robinson
    x
    Miami in: KPj

Heat are over $180M and need to shed payroll.
    Have Tyler Herro, Josh Richardson and Jaime Jaquez.
    Plenty of SG's and SF's

Robinson is 3 years (player option - early termination on that 3rd year)
    Would prosper in the Udoka offense (I could make play after play featuring
    Duncan off screens). Udoka could/would bring up his trade value thru the roof.
    Could trade him in year two.

Can give us versatility at backup SG and SF with ability to shoot at 6'7"

#225 ApacheWarrior, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  6. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

He's not getting traded. This is just PR to showcase to the public that they won't accept this behavior. He'll be released once the NBA concludes their investigation and Kevin & Kysre will be on Love & Hip-Hop this time next year

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Rafael looks like a Martian

Dredd likes this.
  8. Newlin

Newlin Member

I’m not too excited about trading multiple picks to rid ourselves of Porter. It seems like we are always trading away assets to get rid of players.

9. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

What FRP? We owe 2 of the next 3 to OKC due to that gawd awful CP3 for Westbrick trade.
    We couldn't trade another one until 2028. Our treasure trove of good FRPs for either our own use, or for trade is gone.

#229 PolarBear, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    B-Bob likes this.
  10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

We have FRPs in each of the upcoming drafts — either our own, or Brooklyn’s. Not that I would trade any of them unless we’re getting a great player back.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure I saw a video of Stone getting dissected on a Mexican operating table earlier today.

Snow Villiers and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I really assumed this would be a troll thread. Peak delusion...

More like Trash Considerations

Addition via subtraction.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This isn't 2017 or whenever those cases happened. The climate "Right Now" is 5 to 10 times worse esp when the NBA has cultivated a good halo for supporting and subsidizing the WNBA.

Vick and Kobe are all time winners. Ohsuna was a flier for a championship team desperate to get to the next level...Aaaaannnd how did that experiment turn out for them that year?

::Bob Lacob checks bio on Astros architect for championship run::

That "Next Level" rule is for Rodman types... KPJ is not elite, has a rap sheet (pun intended) of trouble, a lockerroom cancer, and not a model on the floor player for a lotto team. So why trade for that bum again?

Because ferntits named dropped him during the rookie press conference of him being a swell guy. Lul, cheapass low key vouched for KPJ but didn't even have tabs on his day to day for FO not to be taken by surprise like the rest of us. That surely wasn't a ploy to boost a rehab story by Iko a month before trade deadline.

Now these cheap used car salesmen reeking of fresh convenience store deodorant wants to cut a deal?

Would a fan want to root for the team that picks up the stink? Would you? For players, do they want opening day questions by Malika Andrew wannabes about your confidence in the GM for picking up a domestic abuser?

Oh yeah, he trash, plus we dropped him. It was just business. I have full confidence in my dumbass GM. Uhh hmm, this is the same question for a week now...let's talk about our contention chances gais..,uh girls..,uhh persons...damnit I just play basketball for a living don't hate me. **** Kevin Porter Junior. Punk ass b****. Quote that an like me more ok?

Does "Favored Trade Destinations" have sister WNBA team?

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. VoR

VoR Member

KPJ for Ben Simmons anyone?

15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Love it! Go follow the Spurs or Mavericks. Lol

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Look more closely at the ramifications of his actions.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

That is the likely true. I don't dispute that, but that doesn't conflict with anything I said either.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

With my youth, so went my trade-proposal posts on this board; but I'm still Rocket nerd enough to go onto the ESPN NBA Trade Proposal site and fish for a potential trade partner now and again. I don't know what unlikely-to-make-the-playoffs team out there really needs to dump salary. Unless we're talking millstone-around-the-neck, concrete-shoes-on-the-Mafia-corpse, throw-him-over-the-side dead weight contract we wouldn't take in return.

So if Ferntitties and Stoned manage a deal, I'll be as stunned as the rest of you.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Let's not make the problem worse. @YOLO may not survive that one.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

westbrick was already the bottom of the barrel trash lol. Simmons is at that same level so we've already seen this waste management before.