1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Jags

Jags Member

“Didn’t see this coming”

REEKO_HTOWN and i3artow i3aller like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He would not make that much just because he is not that good of a player and his heart now is not in it.

We learned what he is, he is not even that dedicated to his craft, it is just a fake show for his stans

Gondrezick is mistaken if she really thinks she can count on a sociopath like Porter.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would say that actually the fact is if it's verified public knowledge, it cannot be leveraged in a settlement. The point of a settlement in a domestic case is to pay someone to conceal reputational damages. If she has the ability to conceal that he broke her vertebrae, she has a whole heck of alot more money that she can negotiate from him.

At this point I think KPJ's lawyers will be saying that it's already out there enough to damage his reputation. You'll have to release a statement that helps reputationally put the worms back in the can a bit.

don grahamleone and daywalker02 like this.
  4. MystikArkitect

This is only true if she's the only witness. It becomes a he said/she said. There are several that could testify. And the only thing that matters is how much the DA wants to pursue the case with these other witnesses if the woman doesn't want to cooperate.

It no longer benefits her for KPj to be in jail thus she's basically shifting around things once she came to her (financial) senses. But this is beyond the pale and I don't think it's even in the girl's hands anymore. There are hotel witnesses, cameras, etc. It's up to the Manhattan DA or maybe Adam Silver calling in a favor to save his ass from the slammer.

DaDakota likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just let me ask you how can she conceal the reputational damage of 2 days of nonstop allegations in the biggest news portals of North America, India, Middle East and some other countries.

China and Japan already translated the news and Porter is seen in hand cuffs.

Also the first picture is Porter in hand cuffs, being a thug that he is.

If you see Porter Junior, the average basketball fan will see a Thug.

Simple.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The fact that she already released this statement tells me they are at least attempting to try and put the cat back in the bag. But hell no... reputationally he's done. If the NBA allows the Rockets to bring him in for training camp even after a hefty settlement it'll be ridiculous. I don't think Adam Silver is that stupid.

But your right, you aren't getting that reputational damage back.... however that doesn't mean he won't try through a settlement, and doesn't mean she won't entertain doing it for him to get paid.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is hotel footage, even if they do not process further, all it takes is a leak.....

We will see if she was out in the aisles and if she was yelling.

Porter did not say anything in 1 or 2 days, looking like someone who saw a demon, that is most telling.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Basically saying nothing other than they are slow af and slowing things down.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Adam Silver saying that attending training camp is even a possibility for him is kinda insane.

His court hearings start smack in the middle of training camp also. Not only does it not work out morally but logistically also.

dobro1229 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I am just saying what could be going through their minds, and I am sure in their minds they think if he got 4/$80M, then he can get a couple more contracts like that, I am sure they have all the confidence in the world in his abilities, we may think differently. If you have $250M+ in career earnings potential on Sunday, and on Monday your life is over, you and anyone around you who's life would have been impacted is going to be thinking about how to save his career. I don't think it is shallow, and I do not think it is superficial, it is life changing money that can change the path for generations of your family. We know KPJ's dads story, we know what he has done, money and the right schools and environment have potential to break this cycle his family seems to be in for the next generation of their family.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think ultimately Silver can suspend him for a number of games (maybe not that many) but it would certainly tarnish his ability to make fast money.

Keep in mind, we are talking about Porter, in an blink of an eye he can be tossed out of a game, he could be slapping an assistant coach.

Whatevs, I do think they made a mistake but we shall go on.

14. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

so KPJ is back?~!!?!?!

hlmbasketball and daywalker02 like this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's a tightrope. They have to be absolutely sure that it's legit (even though in this case it seems open and shut). If they run a player off and it ends up being bullshit, they're liable.

Look at the Jonathan Majors (actor) case. He looks pretty innocent, which is why Marvel hasn't cut him, and any of the advertisers who did may be in trouble if he's vindicated.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Xerobull likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Classic DV.

She can Michael Jackson moonwalk it back…cut his ass yesterday.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha, I understand, we are talking bout KPJ but yeah, lmao 100x.

This mofo.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I would hope this merits a minimum of a full year suspension, if not more.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The problem is Gondrezick might not be cooperating now, normally yes.......I am perplexed, confused and I doubt it.