1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boban is back!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Sep 10, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Don't forget that Landale was injured. And Boban brings size, to practice against, and to be used situationally.

Easy and Plowman like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We just gave up draft assets to get rid of three FRP projects. Now people are asking why we didn't sign another project who nobody has signed yet?

We have six guys 22 or younger that need development minutes and people are wondering why we didn't get a playable veteran who nobody want so far to occupy minutes?

ClutchCity3 and CarlosGM like this.
  3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

but did we do that to clear minutes - or in pursuit of Lopez?
    I'm all for some vet leadership... i just dont see Boban as being that guy... maybe i'm wrong, but i dont seem him relaying the 'nuances of the game' to our youngsters... lol
    i mean isnt there some old guy (who actujally had a career) who'd be happy to come in and mentor and be a situational guy - instead of going to europe or something?

4. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

We are paying the minimum salary to a likeable veteran guy who brings positive vibes and humor to the team, who will nor complain if he doesn’t play, or plays 5 minutes, and who, when he plays, has per 36 minutes averages of plus 21 points and plus 12 rebounds, with positive advanced stats. I can’t think of a better player for that spot, who would not complain if he doesn’t play, and will let the young players more minutes to develope, and will be a situational big presence.

kjayp, AroundTheWorld and Easy like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Until it's done, can't you just change x.com to twitter.com? I still go to twitter.com, and until it stops working, I don't have any problems from what I can tell.

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If this is a culture move, he plays zero minutes this year. Really wasn't a fan of the "we want Boban" chants down 30 at the end of games.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jeff Green is that "who actually had a career" guy. Anyone who is better than Uncle Jeff is not going to sign a vet min and sit on the bench just to teach the kids some ropes. Anyone who is worse than Jeff probably isn't much better than Boban. Boban is a good locker room presence and can give you a few situational minutes here and there.

CarlosGM, kjayp and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. J Rock

J Rock Member

This makes me smile.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If you use the iOS app, the links are automatically x.com ones. It's possible but cumbersome to manually change them to twitter.com ones.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ah, maybe that's why. I usually just do anything interactive via desktop, so I just keep going to twitter.com until they take it down. I rarely post anything via mobile/the app.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. kjayp

fair enough i guess...
    i mean a likable enough guy and all that...
    i guess that aging out mutumbo just isnt out there... lol
    maybe Boban is bringing something to the table that im just not quantifying...

CarlosGM and Easy like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Love to watch two over the hill dudes slug it out. :D Seriously, Keanu Reeves needs to retire before Boban does. Dude is the slowest action star not named Bruce Willis.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets will let anybody play on the team.

14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I don’t mind, I like him on the team.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

They need to make Boban into hatchet man. Just let him come in and bust skulls. He would make a good villain.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

who's minutes you going to give this hidden project out there floating in the basketball ether? :rolleyes:

17. prs325

prs325 Member

The vibes is back!!!
    Nobody screams team chemistry than Boban

Easy and CarlosGM like this.
  18. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

19. kjayp

i just find it concerning that the main selling point seems to be that 'he doesnt care if he doesnt play...' lol
    I mean i'm sure there are millions of guys that would love to have an nba contract - even if its just to sit at the end of the bench...
    I've just never seen 'lack of motivation to play' as a selling point on a player... lol

20. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member