1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here's Eddie Griffin's chat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j-bone, Jul 24, 2001.

1. j-bone

j-bone Member

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Extremely interesting!!!

BTW, he sees himself as a 4...so I guess DaDakota was right after all by not conceding just yet...

3. alaskansnowman

"Eddie....we're glad to have you!!!
    Would you feel more comfortable at the 3 or 4? "

"I think I am better off at the four. I played their in college. Eventually I would like to play the three, but I need to work on my ballhandling. "

He sees himself as a 4 right now, but would eventually like to convert to the 3...

------------------
    its not the hours you put in your work that counts, it's the work you put in the hours - alaskansnowman

[This message has been edited by alaskansnowman (edited July 24, 2001).]

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He loves to fish, fits right in with AirBullard!!! Plus, he really wants to have Hakeem back...

------------------
    Rockets' offseason tasks in order of priority:
    • Get rid of Cato under any circumstances - ideally in a trade (with draft picks from us to them) that brings us Raef LaFrentz (dreaming).
    • Re-Sign Hakeem.
    • Re-Sign Mo Taylor.
    • Re-Sign Moochie and AirBullard.
    • Pick up the Langhi option for another year.
    • Sign-and-trade Shandon Anderson for Bo Outlaw.

5. Shandon Anversen

[​IMG]

wants to block vince carter's dunk???!!!

[​IMG]

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Det, let it go. The bet is a stupid, fun thing. No one at all is arguing about Crisco being the winner. Why are you even bringing this up? No one cares. The bet is over, and everyone is having fun with their new names. If the bet mattered to my side, we all would have argued this point and not conceded, and we would be arguing everyday about this. Seems like you and DaDeDum are the only ones arguing the winner of the bet. Do you not understand that we didn't want to argue, even though many of us predicted he would play a lot of 4?

The bet was a fun success. Let it go.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't even care about the bet [​IMG].

I didn't participate and to be honest, I hardly know what it was about...you say it was a just a fun thing, but you seem to take it really seriously when someone brings it up [​IMG].

Actually, I was just surprised to read that Griffin sees himself as a 4, after all of us really saw him at the 3...

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Great Chat. Did you see how he kept saying he needs to get stronger and he is going to liftweights? [​IMG]

------------------
    "The girls danced, started fondling me, I got aroused, they performed oral sex," Ewing said. "I hung around a little bit and talked to them, then I left."

9. heypartner

Det, I'm far from taking the bet seriously. Apparently you aren't, that's why you keep mentioning it.

What I take "seriously" is renegers and bystanders causing friction in a friendly wager in a manner that will likely prevent any future friendly moniker wagers. We've had 2 people whine and drop out of the bet. That's great fun! Your interest in all this is beginning to look suspiciously like you are taking fun in continuing friction. In fact, aren't you the one who predicted such friction like 2 or 3 times in the big bet thread. Let me go see. Ah yes, Det laughed at us and predicted friction would happen. Det wants to be proven correct, just like DaDeDumb.

That's really coooool Det....reaaaallly coooool. Go kick a soccer ball or something like a good German boy, ok. [​IMG]

btw: many of us who know basketball and watch it continuously here in the States [​IMG] , thought Griffin was a 4, and jokingly made fun of Crisco and Achebe as losers in the bet...I mean, he played 4 and the Chronicle listed him as a power forward the day after the draft. And, read the transcript man, he wants to be a 3, anyhow.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow Crispee,

I can see you are not taking it seriously at all.

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I hope he doesn't bolt back to Philly/East Coast in 4yrs....

------------------

12. heypartner

DaDeDumb, this never happens if you don't take your damn precious moniker so seriously.

Whiners suck, and Det just wants to relish the friction.

And DaDeDumb, Fizer sucks like I told you he would. And you will find that Langhi is too stupid to be a go-to playmaker, too. And why does he spread his legs so much on defense. That's stupid.

da de dumb de dumb.

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Hey crispix lighten up before you give yourself a brain hernia.

------------------

14. heypartner

t'

....ok I love these bystanders coming into the middle of a bar bet.

hmmmmm, does Old Man have a point?

Old Man...read up. Det and Dadedumb won't quit complaining about a bar bet, so some of us are getting a little bored with it. I'm just the most vocal--as usual. dadedumb got vocal in the main bet thread that he was snubbing the whole bet and calling everyone stupid. Det and DaDeDumb are merely trying to annoy me. So, I'm down for annoying them to. What else is there to do this summer waiting for Dream.

Let us compare this to the Fantasy League Forum. That spawned a Moderator in The Cat, because people were cheating. Cheaters suck, but I'm not asking to be a moderator. DaDeDumb wouldn't stop mocking the bet with a bi-uid moniker that he had no intention of honoring. It took me getting vocal to stop it.

Yep, dadedumb, I kicked you out of the bet, and you followed my orders afterall...dadedumb. I love this game!! Now I can't wait until you go bi-uid again to say it ain't so! hehhehehehehe

do it, man...dadedumb!

What is it that you don't understand poor Old Man Rock? I can wait if it is taking awhile for you to answer.

let me twiddle my thumbs for awhile.

d.a.d.e.d.u.m.b.

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

"I moved here from Canada and they think I'm slow, eh." [​IMG]

Everyone put down their safety pencils and circles of paper and back away.

God, the Simpsons rule.

------------------
    Who's your buddy? Who's your pal? I am, aren't I?

16. BahDakota

BahDakota Member

Crispee,

I guess you consider yourself clever with your silly little name calling.

Then you profess that things don't really matter, and that it was just a silly bar bet.

Well, fine, if it is just a silly bar bet, then let it go.

As for your real basketball questions...

Why do you think the bulls traded away Brand? Because Fizer has more upside, and is potentially a superstar.

As for Langhi spreading his legs on defense, if you ever actually PLAYED the game instead of just analyzing tape, you would discover that it is harder to get around someone with their legs spread out, and it is a way to compensate for being a little slower then the man you are guarding.

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time....

Bah-Da

Dakota

------------------
    How long do I have to endure this ?

17. DaDakota

That BahDakota guy is sharp.

[​IMG]

DaDakota -taking the high road.

------------------

www.frontierwars.com

18. heypartner

do you really believe this?

You cannot maneuver in any direction without your feet right under you.

dadedumb

it is supposed to be clever. you just didn't want to play. So why did you edit your bet post anyhow. You know, the one where you announced your entry into the bet, then edited it right after we landed Griffin to say you were out of the bet.

19. DaDakota

Do I really believe this? Well, since all my high school coaches taught it, and so do many college and pro coaches, then, yes, I guess I do.

If you are guarding a much quicker player, you spread your legs, it gives you a bit wider base. You don't do the splits, but you do spread them out to take away the quick move around you. A player actually has to go more then 1 body width to get around you and this slows them down.

As for editing my post, I discovered that the bet was more then what I was willing to do. I thought it was for a short period, not the whole season.

Plus, I do not like losing a bet, I feel that I won. It is just not something I am comfortable with.

I don't really care if you guys want to change your monikers, that is fine by me, I will choose not to.

DaDakota

------------------

www.frontierwars.com

20. DaDakota

PS. I do not appreciate the DaDaDumb reference.

------------------

www.frontierwars.com