1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Angels @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 11, 2023.

1. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

2. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Gonna be really annoyed if Hensley in the lineup today

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

What's up with embedded tweets showing as unavailable. Is this a Clutchfans issue or an "X"Twitter bug.

4. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

No Hensley, but a nice Kessinger, Dubon, Maldy black hole.

“1-5 and pray to still be alive”

5. Amshirvani

Sigh goddamnit Dusty

why is it so ****ing hard to play Diaz every day? Kessinger should not be starting games at this point

6. conquistador#11

What kind of line up is this
    [​IMG]

(The getaway lineup yeay)

Stephen66, jim1961 and Houstunna like this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Maldonado plays ONE position

Abreu might IL for a MONTH

And both will out-GP a healthy, more productive player, who plays THREE positions.

Stephen66 and cmlmel77 like this.
  8. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

This is gonna be an issue come this offseason. Dana Brown Ownership all need to have a set down with Diaz and let him know he has to put the work in with Verlander Framber etc. Then have a set down with Dusty about his future. Things aren't great with Maldys bat and soon def behind the plate. Diaz is playing way better.
    Then they need to have a long long talk about Pena. Pena idk he flashes and then he slides. The season isn't over yet. But the verdict shows he needs to improve.
    LF is still a mystery. What to do?
    BP needs some reshaping. Go all out for Hader. Resign Pressley to set up Hader and Neris stays. Maton can Walk so can Stanek. Montero IDK. He has the rest of the year. He is making alot but we save that with Verlander. Tucker has to be resigned.
    Honestly I think we Have a Boat load of SPing. And I think we could make some moves to inprove. If we play our cards wright I believe we can stake trade Minors some and Improve our team moving forward. I would look at the Luis Robrt trade.
    Js this Dusty vet thing needs to be nipped in the Butt asap

Stephen66 likes this.
  9. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Delete

#849 SKYGODZ187, Aug 13, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Dusty is an amazing manager, the Astros are good team so he must be good at his job. Us fans are stupid to be critical of a team that just won a world series. :rolleyes:

Yordan in LF, a pitcher that isn't Framber or Verlander, against a RHP, Abreu out... and somehow Diaz still finds himself on the bench. I'm sick and tired of Dusty not giving this team it's best chance to win...constantly. Maldonado is gonna catch the next 2 games, god forbid Diaz himself gets to catch 2 games in a row.

The Beard, rockbox, Stephen66 and 5 others like this.
  11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Screenshot 2023-08-13 103856.png
    This game should get Dubon nearly to Diaz in PAs and well above Meyers. I hate that Meyers is losing PAs to Dubon and it isn't even to get Diaz's bat in the game. Luckily, Dubon has hit well in this time frame.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  12. Amshirvani

dubon had a horrible streak before this. And I wonder what JV thought of his personal CFer running into the wall the other night. Seems Meyers has played very little since almost single-handedly beating the Yankees

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

3.30 ERA for Diaz to 3.99 ERA by Maldonado, basically the exact same OPS allowed...and that's with Maldonado getting to catch Framber and now Verlander.

I'm not gonna waste time crunching the numbers but I would imagine if Framber is removed from the equation, the rest of the team is likely a full run better throwing to Diaz, and with a lower OPS allowed. This is supposed to be Maldonados calling card, pitchers are supposed to be so much better throwing to him. It's the reason he plays despite Diaz being as good or substantially better at everything else.

FWIW I'm fine with him catching Framber, never complained once about it. He can be a bit of a headcase and he's also earned the right to call his shots in this regard. Jose Urquidy, no f**king way. You are gonna throw to the teams best catcher, and that's Diaz.

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Why isn’t Diaz playing?

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

So Dusty, you say you manage with your gut, so what's in your gut that you trust so much?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Astros are skipping Hunter Brown’s next turn in the rotation and starting Framber Valdez, Cristian Javier and Justin Verlander at Miami. Brown said he will be available out of the bullpen in Miami and if he doesn’t pitch there he will start the opener vs Seattle on Friday.

Phil Maton said extra tests showed no structural damage. He said there was bruising on the radial head and surrounding tissue in his elbow. He is targeting throwing again in Miami and hoping to return after 15 days.

Maton said initially he “really couldn’t move my arm at all” and his “head went to the worst scenario possible.” He was already getting treatment in that area for normal wear so said it was not an ideal spot to get hit.

mikol13 and Bregatron like this.
  17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Th god of game calling is catching
    DH day for Altuve
    He's isn't fit to play 1B, can't match the performance of defensive wizards like Singleton and Abreu :rolleyes:

Wulaw Horn and Tomstro like this.
  18. Qan

Qan Member

Let's be honest, Dusty just wanted Maldonado to start 4 games straight.

Wulaw Horn and Tomstro like this.
  19. Amshirvani

When they interviewed Maldy during yesterdays game and asked about Díaz his tone was a bit off putting but I was probably reading too much into it. He has to know he sucks right?

The Beard, Qan, Wulaw Horn and 3 others like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

I was just thinking of the "fast guy hits leadoff not matter what", prevalence of the sac bunt, caught stealing % is not important, light hitting catchers and shortstops and second basemen and center fielders abounded.

Wulaw Horn likes this.