1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

The move everyone is anticipating, of course, is how Philadelphia 76ers point guard James Harden gets to the LA Clippers. A source close to Harden, given anonymity so they could speak freely, told The Athletic that Harden began showing interest in joining the Clippers as early as late June, prior to the decision to opt into the final year of his contract to facilitate a trade, and incumbent Clippers point guard Russell Westbrook was aware of Harden’s interest prior to re-signing.

But Harden’s opt in gave Philadelphia the control of when and where Harden would get moved. The timing of this transaction has not gone the way that Chris Paul’s 2017 opt in went when the Clippers sent him to Harden’s Houston Rockets. Kyrie Irving’s opt in with the Brooklyn Nets last summer went smoother than this; the Nets did not wind up trading Irving until the weekend before the trade deadline this past February. The February before that, 76ers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey finally traded the inactive and disgruntled Ben Simmons for (ironically) Harden. Even going back to how Morey acquired Harden in the first place shows how late these things can come together, as Harden wasn’t traded by the Oklahoma City Thunder to Morey’s Rockets until Oct. 27, 2012 — four days before Houston’s regular-season opener that year.

Anyone waiting on that particular transaction might want to take a walk outside, because it’s not happening anytime soon. The Clippers will still keep a pulse on that potential deal and other smaller ones that would achieve the ideals of consolidating the depth on the roster; as president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank said on draft night, the roster the Clippers have now may not be the same roster when the season begins in the fall or when it continues in winter’s trade deadline or when it finalizes in time for a spring postseason run. With a beaucoup of tradable contracts compared to other teams that could pursue Harden or other players, the Clippers are going to be open for business. It’s just that the business is not going to resemble the hot stove rush hour of the first days of free agency; the baristas are going to take rest breaks and clean the store for a bit.

Os Trigonum and i3artow i3aller like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

In a way, Morey made his own bed by betting on Harden, letting him have everything he wants for years to keep/get him on his team. (During the time when Harden was rumored to want out of Brooklyn, it looked like Morey was tempering, encouraging Harden to force his way to Philly.) Now the bridge is burned and it's going to get ugly.

It's kind of like parents who spoil their kid and then the spoiled brat throws a tantrum for something they can't afford to give.

BlastOff, napalm06, Pringles and 2 others like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I remember how this story turned out for the Rockets. Good luck Morey.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden at 34 years old behaves like a spoiled girl.......there is no room for negotiation with him.

RKREBORN likes this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Imagine being the team that trades for Harden, knowing that in a year or two he will have delivered 0 rings and is asking to get traded to The Lakers at any cost. Dude should have negative value at this point, its not worth hassle or the money.

7. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

LOL props to whoever did this

8. Dredd

Dredd Member

Morey has screwed Harden over.

YaoMac09 likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has screwed Harden over

10. kpdark

kpdark Member

...and over...and over....

11. i3artow i3aller

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lmao. Make a scene? I wonder how that would look like.

Salvy likes this.
  13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Man loving this drama. Say what you want about Harden but I’m on his side in this Morey/Harden conflict. There’s no way Morey didn’t “promise” him a big payday for taking a short term pay cut. And like all bosses/employers he took advantage of the situation in the end. Gonna put on my fat suit and eat popcorn enjoying Harden quiet quit on a different team.

mario_v likes this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I find it amusing that Harden was all over Morey years ago......lol...shifty guy.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

another petty move

Salvy likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Next he's going to burn the Sixers jersey and delete Morey from his phone contacts.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. Asian Sensation

He’s such a passive aggressive p***y. Always has been. SORRY ASS BUM!!!!

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Harden enjoyed the sweetness of the honey in his youth. Now he will start to see the cold shoulder of the NBA.

BallSoHarden likes this.