1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Lineup For Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Jul 6, 2023.

?

Should we have a 3 guard starting lineup and not include Jabari?

1. Yes, Jabari is not ready

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. No, Jabari is talented and he deserve to be a starter

42 vote(s)
    79.2%
  1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I have been a Rockets fan for 50 years...I'm an Auburn alumnus as well. I am a Rockets fan first and Jabari fan 2nd. Admittedly, his Rookie year was disappointing vs. expectations. But, I didn't think Silas used Bari well at all. On every possession he was stationed on the side at 3 point range. He was RARELY getting the ball...disappointing when he did from 3. I thought Silas was terribly ineffective in his player rotations. Glad he is gone. Bari had to have felt detached from the team last year as our ball hogs were not going to distribute the ball to him or anyone else for that matter. A actually thought that we might trade him if not for the coaching change.

As an Auburn fan,I was hoping on draft night, we'd somehow get Bari AND Kessler. I still believe what I said last year. Banchero best player but Jabari has the most upside. I know some don't agree. I look for him to be greatly improved this year and a difference maker. I don't see Bari not being a starter and believe the coaching change will be a shot in the arm for him and he will have the type 2nd season rebound as Jalen did. Excited to see Amen and Cam as well. Let's go Rockets !

dawesome likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Van-Vleet
    Porter
    Brooks
    Tate
    Landale

[​IMG]

3. marinara

marinara Member

I don't think they'd be enough rebounding if Tate or Brooks was the starting 4.

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Jake Fischer and you are idiots. At least that’s what I think

red5rocket likes this.
  5. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Brooks and Jabari at the PF, we will see tonight but he needs to gain weight......a lot. Paolo bring the offense and Chet bring the defense....blocking shots...what do Jabari bring.

6. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We have our on opinion but if Jabari does not gain more weight he is going be pushed around again. Also, Tari outplayed him last year at the summer league and the regular season....but the politics

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Lol. Dillon is a starting 3. We will have a lot of lineups, but KPJ will not be starting at SF. KPJ will be an outstanding sixth man and will get time at 1-3 depending on matchups. We have a coach that will actually be in charge and will try to adjust. I don’t believe we will have a one size fits all offense. I think he will go iso-centric when FVV and Sengun are off the court at the same time, with KPJ the main facilitator/scorer. Tari is great in transition and will hit the offensive boards like crazy. My prediction for rotation:

FVV
    Green
    Brooks
    Jabari
    Sengun

Amen/Gordon
    KPJ/Holiday
    Tari/Amen
    Aussie (can’t remember his name).

The other Green
    Maybe Huff
    Cam

May get a few minutes, although Cam may start in G-League.

#27 Hemingway, Jul 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’ve posted a million times. Jabari had better all-around numbers than Paolo last year. Paolo is going to be a good player, but I don’t think he will ever have the chops defensively and he is not a good shooter. Chet won’t stay on the court.

ApacheWarrior and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. AuburnRocket

I have been a Rockets fan for 50 years...I'm an Auburn alumnus as well. I am a Rockets fan first and Jabari fan 2nd. Admittedly, his Rookie year was disappointing vs. expectations. But, I didn't think Silas used Bari well at all. On every possession he was stationed on the side at 3 point range. He was RARELY getting the ball...disappointing when he did from 3. I thought Silas was terribly ineffective in his player rotations. Glad he is gone. Bari had to have felt detached from the team last year as our ball hogs were not going to distribute the ball to him or anyone else for that matter. A actually thought that we might trade him if not for the coaching change.

As an Auburn fan,I was hoping on draft night, we'd somehow get Bari AND Kessler. I still believe what I said last year. Banchero best player but Jabari has the most upside. I know some don't agree. I look for him to be greatly improved this year and a difference maker. I don't see Bari not being a starter and believe the coaching change will be a shot in the arm for him and he will have the type 2nd season rebound as Jalen did. Excited to see Amen and Cam as well. Let's go Rockets !
    Not at all. I want what's best for the Rockets. We'll see what happens. He does indeed need to gain some weight.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

“Green and KPJ reminds me of Tatum and Brown.” LLLOOOLLL

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I want the best players starting. Tired of the mfing only fans.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  12. kiwirocketsfan

Expecting:

Sengun
    Smith Jr.
    Brooks
    Green
    FVV

Landale
    Tate
    Eason
    Holiday
    KPJ

Corrosion and Dacamel like this.
  13. mightybosstone

I'd actually be OK if the coaching staff looked at the personnel this offseason and felt like their best chance to play winning basketball right now was to start Tari at the 4. That's a personnel decision I can understand as Tari has the size and length to play the 4 and is a young player they want to develop as a core piece. Dillon Brooks is neither of those things. He's a 3 who offers some positional versatility in shorter spurts.

If they're going to bench Bari, it needs to be a for a logical replacement. Brooks is not it.

Corrosion likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Just to be clear that wasn't in response to you at all

15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I still believe Jabari is not ready to start….the three guard will work and have Jabari to start on the bench and play 27 minutes…great defender

16. AuburnRocket

No problem. Thanks for clarifying.

17. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Jabari is the starting PF.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Was putting some thought into the minutes distribution, and it's way too early and training camp/preseason ball will to change a lot of things, but this is what I want to see for a 9-man rotation in a "typical game" if the roster stays the same:

Fred VanVleet - 31 minutes
    Jalen Green - 32 minutes
    Dillon Brooks - 30 minutes
    Jabari Smith Jr - 26 minutes
    Alperen Sengun - 32 minutes

Amen Thompson - 25 minutes (17 backing up PG, 8 backing up SF)
    Kevin Porter Jr - 26 minutes (16 backing up SG, 10 backing up SF)
    Tari Eason - 22 minutes (all backing up PF)
    Jock Landale - 16 minutes (all backing up C)

Aaron Holiday, Jae'Sean Tate, Jeff Green - won't play in every game. Situational minutes off the bench, garbage time, cover for injuries. Everyone else will average slightly below the above numbers overall for the season.

Cam Whitmore - start season in the G-League, get called up when there's an injury to play some bench minutes.

The tricky thing is you're going to have to avoid Amen and Brooks sharing the floor as much as possible, but they're going to have to sometimes if Amen does play 25 minutes. Hopefully Brooks will shoot a little better to make it more palatable.

#38 OremLK, Jul 8, 2023
    dawesome likes this.
  19. StevieCrossover

Jabari just needs a vet to show him the ropes and a few tips, motivate him to be better, he'll be alright. Up until now it was rookies showing rookies = last place. All these players will instantly look better with Fred Vanfleet as the point. We'll at least make pace to make a push to make the playoffs instead of last.

Dacamel likes this.
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Based on the current roster

5 - Sengun/Landale/Jeff Green/Boban
    4 - Tari/Jabari/Jeff Green
    3 - Brooks/Tate
    2 - Jalen/KPJ or (KPJ/Jalen)
    1 - FVV/Amen/Holiday
    G-League - Cam

It’s not a very good team, but it’s better than last year. We’ll see.

#40 Aruba77, Jul 8, 2023