1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets - Vegas Summer League 7/7/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Everyone's focused on the shot by Jabari of course, but that pass by Tari was just as impressive.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How was the Rockets play calling during summer league?
    I remember last year there was a lot of dissent about the Rockets summer league offense and it's lsck of reliance on set plays.

It was like they were just out there setting high screens or something

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If Lebron is Tari's uncle why didn't we go after him in Free Agency?

He's older now - but clearly he is better than Dylan Brooks.

Another Stonetittadoka brain genius fail missed opp.... :rolleyes:

BelgianRocketsFan and BigShasta like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What's funny is as he released the pass, I said out loud, "what the **** is that" because it was this bizarre, 3/4 underhand, slow lob. But turns out it was the perfect pass.

RCPM, jdjd, Richie_Rich and 5 others like this.
  5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

The pass worked because of the adjustment Bari made to catch it and then shoot that line drive 3. The whole sequence was nothing short of miraculous and likely not the way it was drawn up on the sideline. I'm hoping this is a sign from the BBall Gods that our fortunes are turning.

6. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Tari can have tunnel vision but nowhere near as bad as Cam does.
    If you have an open man 3 feet ahead on the fast break Tari WILL make that pass.
    I could try and argue through different means but I think the best way to illustrate it is I went on a general nba forum and in the summer league thread there were probably 15-20 posts about how bad Cam's tunnel vision was and how that would really be problematic in a passing, share the wealth offense.

And NOT ONE SINGLE POST about Tari being selfish or having tunnel vision! Not one!
    It just sticks out like a sore thumb with Cam.
    Now Tari has his warts.
    I hated that he capped off a great game with 3 brain dead fouls in the last minute of the game before Bari's game winner.

But I'm not gonna really harshly critique the guys right now when everyone's in such good spirits after a great win. (don't wanna "harsh anyone's mellow") lol

Cam did have some good hustle and I'm really hopeful for his future and Ime's ability to get the "team" concept across to him.

#1006 rfrocket, Jul 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
    Hakeemtheking and ramotadab like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Amen. I’ve watched that play 12-15 times, and after the first couple, I was like, “Good lord, that pass from Tari was unbelievable!” More than that, he just had a great game. Yeah, it’s summer league, we need perspective, blah blah blah, but damn, that was fun. I wouldn’t have guessed the Rockets could manage to make Wemby’s debut seem like an afterthought, but they did, or rather Jabari and Tari did with that game winner. Of course, I might be a little prejudiced.

The pair said, “Coach drew up the play,” which I assume was Sullivan. That impressed me, even if the basketball gods had a hand in it. I hope that somehow this is a marker for how our season’s going to be. If so, that would be far ****ing out. We’ll see.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Fans like you are why I hate you.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

KMJ was sitting there (beside Jerry West and eventually like 3 seats from J Cole lol) from like 10 minutes before the Rockets game to the end of the Spurs game and literally every time a Rockets player passed by (because that's where the entrance/exit is), they'd give him a huge hug and spend a couple minutes just talking to him. KPJ especially was there pretty much the whole halftime talking to him. Looks like the team really loved him.

11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

bruh...i dragged this pic to google 'pix recognition' panel, it failed to generate any matchups...except that filthy beanie skull cap,
    so my question is - who the f is this creepy looking guy?
    (P.S. the nose reminds me JG, but the smile is pretty SILAS)

Salvy likes this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

Our shoe game hit the entire color spectrum.

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    a SL game could bring it to 50+ pages ...
    NUTS! @Killatron 2000

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

That's Fleece Johnson, the Booty Warrior.

He's out of prison last I heard.

DeBeards likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its booty warrior, @ThatBoyNick knows who it is....

[​IMG]

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

When I saw him pass that ball, I thought he'd lost his mind. "He's about to hookshot pass us out of the game". What made it worse was that Tari had about 2 or 3 consecutive bad plays to end the game from what I recall, too.

As for how it was drawn up. Ben Sullivan said the theory behind what TariBari did was what they "drew up", but the execution of it wasn't exactly what they drew up. They wanted Tari to find Jabari somewhere in the middle and go from there. You can see Sullivan respond to that exact question of whether or not that's how they drew it up in the first 20 seconds of this video :

Shark44 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Men of culture grew up on boondocks

Crashlanded19 and Salvy like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well his 2 fouls in the 2 plays prior were not....Eason was ok, but made a couple of boneheaded fouls late.

DD