1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Todd Snider

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by weldinbo, Aug 6, 2004.

1. weldinbo

weldinbo Member

Just got his new record, excellent. Went and saw him at the Mucky Duck last Friday. It was an okay concert, not the best of him.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Todd Snider is one of the best songwriters in music today. They had him in-studio at KPFT last Saturday. Awesome stuff.

3. Toast

Toast Member

He's a nice guy, too.

Back in about 95 or 96 when I was still in college, he played for a school function. I chatted him up a little bit and he gave me one of his harmonicas.

Class act, 100%.

4. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

I guess he's an Alright Guy.

I really need to go to see one of his shows. By the way, anyone going to see the Asylum Street Spankers tomorrow?

#4 gwayneco, Aug 6, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2004
  5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

:D

6. gwayneco

His song about a pre-nup agreement, ( Just in Case(?), is a real hoot. I am not as crazy about the Right-wing wacko song, because I think he's referring to me ;).

7. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

"Seattle Grunge Rock Blues" has always been one of my favorites.

Where are the Spankers at? I got a tape of them on the radio in Austin a few months back and I listen to it all the time now. "Wammo's Blues" and "Blade of Grass" are amazing.

8. gwayneco

Rudyard's (on Waugh). Should be a fun show. Wammo's very funny and Christina Marrs can flat out sing.

I need to check out that Snider song you just mentioned. The Spankers have a song about "grunge rockers" that's pretty amusing, but they never do it live anymore. There's one line that goes " I was Flattle when Flattle wasn't cool." Can't remember the rest of it.

9. Ih8walton

Ih8walton Contributing Member

He has had a tough time of late. I have heard that his shows have been up and down after his recovery in rehab this past year. Apparently, he was addicted to Oxycontin with one of the results being that it ate a whole in his stomach. There is an interview on his website (www.toddsnider.net) where he has a very frank discussion of his addiction and rehab. If you are interested in reading it, look under the Ramblings section of the web page. The interview is Volume 10 of the road journal. It has some f-bombs in it, so it may not be suitable for viewing at work.

I really like his music and I hope he can overcome these demons. Looking forward to getting the new album, too!