1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going to trust in Ime.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dodirt1015, Jul 1, 2023.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

There is a saying that trust must be earned.
    In this case, the earning is about to begin.

Perhaps even more than the pieces we assemble, how they are utilized, educated and developed is maybe of greater interest to me.

I expect some bumps in the road next season.
    With so much new, its may take a bit before Ime's colors show on the floor.
    I am prepared to be patient.

But some REAL progress needs to be made next year.
    I think the opportunity will be there now.
    But as these things go, there will be guys we expected to take off under Ime's system that wont (at least not right away), and others who will flourish greater than expected.
    Who does what is the intriguing part for me.

2. MettaWorldPete

100%. The overall concept of surrounding the young guys-who didn't really learn how to play NBA ball under Silas-with vets makes sense. But if we're getting them role models, inefficient chuckers seems like a bad idea. If. Ime can reign that it, seems like it could be a successful stage of the rebuild. My fear is giving inefficient chuckers giant contracts will just make them feel like they have the green light.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

All that trust he was given when they offered him the job must’ve had you crying laughing.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Grant Williams talks about Ime and his style. interesting. Im excited again.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Trust is short lived in high performance sports......so I would not read too much into it.

I think Udoka has potential, that is all, nothing more and nothing less.

The Rockets have frustrated coaches like Adelman and JVG so there is that.

clos4life likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I will trust him until he doesn't deserve it.....

:)

DD

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Pretty much every current and former Celtic player who experienced all three coaches(Brad, Joe and Ime) come out saying that Ime was their favorite one.