1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets pool of free agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Spooner

Spooner Member

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Probably could have been a way to save Atl some cap space, but after the Collins trade, I think it is less likely.

smoothie likes this.
  3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

4. thekad

thekad Member

The Rockets shouldn’t give anything more than a one year deal (or 1+1) to any free agent other than Harden and Lopez.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

We don't yet know the status of KJM, the team has until 6/29/23 to make a decision whether or not to make him RFA now or UFA next offseason.

I think it might be advantageous to extend him on a team friendly 4 year deal similar to the one Tate signed last year with the idea of extending the shelf life of a cost controlled asset. He's still a bargain contract at 4/27.

3 days away ...

jch1911 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  6. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Please no to Harden. He had his chance to prove to the entire world that he could elevate a team to a championship, and failed. Add to the fact that he's on the downside of his career and will absorb a lot of the Rockets $$, and I'd take a hard pass.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They lost 11 games by less than 6 pts last year so I think maybe you get close and win half those with good point guard play and solid defense. Who knows maybe you pick up a few more wins along the way in games that spiraled out of control due to careless turnovers. Also, he is still in his prime. I don't think just adding him puts them in the play in game, but he moves everything in the right direction. We still need improvement from the youth to make a major jump. Maybe having a guy like FVV help direct the young guards helps their growth as well, but that's speculation.

I think the main worry with FVV is he misses about a quarter of the season every year. That would be my concern about him.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

1+1 would be no bird rights. 2+ would earn early bird rights. makes a big difference if you want to resign, or trade.

Corrosion likes this.
  9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I know he’s sturdy, but I get Lin vibes from Austin Reaves. He has benefited from playing next to Lebron and Davis. Just say no.

jch1911 and robbie380 like this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Realistically if we only want to sign short-term deals we’d have to pay FVV something like 2yrs/$80 mil and Lopez 2yrs/$55 mil. I don’t see money for anyone else.

kpdark likes this.
  11. kpdark

kpdark Member

We might be paying one vet for a longer contract, a small forward I guess, then short term deals for three vets -a guard/center/pf.

Hui likes this.
  12. a time to chill

It’s looking like Stone’s going to sign FVV and Brooks

Who Do The Rockets Really Want in Free Agency?

https://open.substack.com/pub/marcs...-in?r=1zp1mb&utm_medium=ios&utm_campaign=post

sirjesse and jch1911 like this.
  13. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

I prefer Austin Reaves over Vanfleet

younger, higher, more efficient FG%, proven in Playoffs, high IQ

Heard the max he could get this summer is 100m/4 years deal

what’s the chance we could land him?

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Gimme Bruce Brown, Cam Johnson and Brook Lopez. Trade for Monte Morris from the Wizards.

evo8lover, Jags, theDude and 4 others like this.
  15. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

That would be ideal for sure~

Brook Lopez provides elite rim protection along with 3 points shot from center position is huge boost for us.

I feel like Jae Sean Tate would provide same thing compare to Bruce Brown with much cheaper price.

Cam would be nice, always need elite shooter with good size, who is 6/8

Monte Morris is also a very underrated candidate for our PG position. Very efficient player, low turnover ratio. Would be delighted to have him on the squad.

jch1911 likes this.
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Why the insistence on Dillon Brooks good god…

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This. Would prefer Tyus Jones, but Monte Morris will do. Agree with the rest.

jch1911 likes this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Brooks and Tyus are more responsible for the Grizzlies turning the ship around than they get credit for. Also, unquestionably a douche character, haha...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a very good defender but let us not pretend Giannis, Jrue and Middleton are not there. They are not there in Houston.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Y2JT, RocketOrg, thekad and 1 other person like this.